Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 684 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 753 reviews
on June 30, 2016
Works great on XBOX ONE's Xbox 360 Backwards Compatibility feature. They just added the game about a week ago to the backwards compatible list. Although only the regular edition is labeled as backwards compatible, this ultimate edition works just fine too, core game & DLC included.

It's basically the reverse of the instructions for if you bought it for a 360 with a few extra steps. For the ONE, you install disc 1 which is the core game disc. It installs the entire disc (about 5.8GB). Then you put in disc 2, it'll add all the DLC (All six DLC's). This all takes some time, I never can tell if the Xbox One is just really slow to copy off a disc or if it is downloading rather than copying. This is due to the fact that Xbox One calls everything (downloads, actual installs, updates) "installing". So you never know EXACTLY what is going on. But either way, it all installs to the hard drive. The reversal I mentioned earlier is, on the 360, you install the DLC off disc 2 and then play off disc 1. On the Xbox One, you install the DLC and then you have to leave disc 2 in. Otherwise the game will not recognize the dlc. So disc 2 is the trigger disc that tells the system you own the game and the dlc. Since the entire game is actually installed on your hard drive for the XBOX ONE usage, disc 1 technically isn't needed anymore. You can also start the core game with disc 1 but the dlc won't appear. So it's a little confusing but trust me, it's easier to do than explain. Very easy. Just takes some time to set it all up.

Anyway, I love this game, had to have it. Fallout 3, New Vegas and Fallout 4 are some of my favorite games. Despite already having played this earlier, I had to get it again for Xbox One. I can't play these games enough anyway, it's a different experience every time. So if you are curious if the Xbox One supports this Ultimate Edition. Yes it does.
on December 15, 2014
Fallout: New Vegas is a great entry in the Fallout series and a great RPG in general. The game follows the story of a courier outside of "New Vegas" Nevada in post-apocalypse America. The main story line is entertaining and allows you to have a lot of fun travelling and making good or bad choices, sometimes these choices influence how other people in the game interact with you. Combat in the game is also fun and challenging; there are always multiple ways to take down your opponents. There is also a tremendous amount of side quest content, I found myself getting distracted frequently from the main story due to these, it wasn't a bad thing though!

This particular edition of Fallout: New Vegas, the "Ultimate Edition" contains 5 DLC packs for the game. Four of these packs are additional missions and one is a bonus weapons pack. These DLC packs add a little more to the game and allow you to get special weapons and apparel not found in the regular edition of the game.

I only have one complaint about this game, albeit a small and controversial one. This game is notorious for being buggy and crashing frequently (especially the DLC packs). There were many occasions while playing this game that it crashed for either for too much action happening on screen, or for no reason at all. It was extremely frustrating at times to repeat the same sequence over again for something as silly as the screen freezing. However, this is to be expected. Fallout: New Vegas is an extremely massive environment, filled to the brim with different elements that put the Xbox 360 through its paces. In order to provide the least amount of frustration with this issue I would recommend installing this game on your Xbox 360 hard drive and saving frequently.

Overall Fallout: New Vegas is a blast! It provides an intriguing story line with lots of action and side quests. The crashing can be an annoyance at times, but it isn't enough to detract from the overall ride this game gives. If you are a fan of Fallout or RPGs I would recommend picking up a copy of this game.
on December 29, 2015
Awesome price for this game and all the DLC! Has kept me and my boyfriend entertained since we got it! Be warned, don't complete the main quest line until you are finished with everything else you want to do in the game since it will end your character
on November 1, 2016
ONE of the best games I have ever played in my life. it's Xbox one compatiable. I highly recommend this game to anyone .
on July 17, 2015
First off I would like to say that anything in the Fallout series is awesome.

Now on to the nitty gritty.

I think the console releases of these have some issues due to hardware limitations. You will notice after playing for a considerable amount of time (hours) that the game may freeze. Save often, as the auto-save like to get corrupted. Fast traveling too many times will cause the game to lock up. Other than that the game has a lot of glitches.

You can do a bit to help things though.

1. Install the game to the HDD.
This helps the loading times considerably. It about halved mine.

2. Clear your system cache.
Once you start having a lot of failures and see a lot of glitches clean the system cache. The will need to be done every now and again. the upside is it did fix a lot of issues.

3. Get the update/patch
Make sure you get the system update/patch for New Vegas. This fixed a lot more issues I was having. Granted you lose the ability to exploit cheats and glitches. Some glitches with conversation and gaining XP still exist, though they are minimal.

Keep to those 3 and you should be fine.
on October 10, 2015
Overall one of the better games of last generations of games. The story I felt is better than Fallout 3, as the build up to who will you side with in who controls the mojave wasteland is amazing. There are so many factions, each with ideologies and visions of how post nuclear life should be. From the brutality of the spartan like Ceasar, to the Sci-fi Howard Hughes like Robert House, or the followers of the old world government like the NCR, each will try to control and influence you in bringing their ideologies to fruition. Best of all is that you can swerve them all and set yourself up as the future of New Vegas. Each of the expansions add something to the mix, raising the cap level higher, and adding many more weapons and perks to the already overwhelming amount. Its a small world on to itself that has humanity programmed in charming and tragic ways.
on September 24, 2016
I wasn't sure I'd enjoy this game, but after being addicted to Skyrim made by the same company, I had to give it a try. It was a great price and I figured I couldn't go wrong. I was right! This game is really great. It took me a little while to figure out exactly what I was doing, but it's really a great game once I got the hang of it. It's not my very favorite game - that'd be Skyrim - but it's a very nice addition to my game selections and I am so glad I gave it a try.

The DLC all being included was especially nice! I'm very happy with my purchase!
on January 6, 2016
I liked this iteration in the Fallout series. It was developed by Obsidian, not Bethesda, so that's why it's got a subtitle and not a number (like Fallout 3, Fallout 4); however, that doesn't mean it falls short of the fun and experiences you've come to expect from Fallout games.

I also liked the setting of this one. It was a lot of fun to check out the post-apocalyptic version of Las Vegas.

As always there's TONS of content in a gigantic open-world map. You're free to choose to help people (or not), and there's no lack of challenge.

If you are at all a fan of Fallout, you owe it to yourself to check this one out. It is a lot of fun.
on December 30, 2016
I love this game so far! I started off with playing Fallout 3 on X-Box 360, which I also loved. I had pretty much exhausted all of the story line options in Fallout 3, but I wasn't ready to move away from the Fallout franchise. I have read a lot of reviews where it seemed that people either really liked Fallout 3 OR Fallout: New Vegas, so I was nervous that I wouldn't enjoy this game as much, but so far it is great. The game is fully immersive, and while I've only been able to explore a portion of the game environment so far, it seems vast and detailed. The story line picks up pretty quickly. I'm looking forward to spending more time playing.
on August 3, 2016
Okay, when i first played this back in 2012...I think. I thought that game was boring like a McDonald's pancake without the syrup and butter. So I decided to try this game one more time. I've been playing it and have to say this game has so much content and I haven't been bored yet. Just when you think you have seen everything you stumble into another "deep" side mission. I don't want go in detail about missions but you have to try it. In my opinion the main story isn't as strong as Fallout 3. Even though I have read the original Fallout games were more mature and better than Fallout 3. There's these giant mutated bees called Cazadores. They will screw you up if ain't at a high level or prepared your character with enough anti-venom. There's Three main factions N.C.R, The Legion, and The Khans. There other factions you can join because I joined The White Glove Society. Wearing certain armor from a different faction can cause npc to treat you different.
The landscape and wasteland has more of a rundown apocalyptic feel than Fallout 3. I liked the choice of songs in Fallout 3 radio station a little more than this selection but it's still good. My character is a level 25 with high speech, unarmed, and melee skills. My character just survived being decimated by Boomer artillery as she tried to get into their base. There's also different companions I have found three. I have a robot companion. It's a good game!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.