- File Size: 544 KB
- Print Length: 196 pages
- Publisher: Delvling Press; First edition (October 12, 2008)
- Publication Date: October 12, 2008
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B001IZZBJ6
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #429,495 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$8.95|
Save $7.96 (89%)
The Family Bones Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The book started with a mystery and proceeded to become more mysterious. My initial reaction was that it was going to be a "slasher" book, you know, Jason in a hockey mask kind of thing. That is a venue I am not overly thrilled with but I proceeded. Much to my pleasant surprise it wasn't the simplistic psycho running wild plot but much more thoughtful. I admit finding my self a bit uneasy in some of the scenes. The characterizations were good and I enjoyed the mysteriousness of the setting. Growing up in Western Pennsylvania, I could practically picture the locale. The introduction of an alien influence provides a nice twist to the characterizations. An entertaining book to read, my biggest complaint is that it could have been bumped up another hundred pages and maintained my interest. I recommend the book. Look for an interview with the author in January on my blog, Pick of the Literate.[...]
There are some really great elements to The Family Bones: children in danger, disappearing/reappearing tunnels, a well. Not to mention all of the mystery and suspense. It didn't take me long to get swept up in this book.
Interesting turn of events or bad writing? Alas...more bad writing. *sigh*
Characters - not developed
Story telling -- sub-par (the author couldn't even decide if she wanted 1st or 3rd person)
Genre -- Who Knows?
Just an awful read. Don't bother buying! Even if it is only 1.00 -- that is WAY TOO much to pay. I am just left wondering how on earth this was published??
Instead, I will offer a few suggestions to the author:
- Find a beta group or writers group. I think if you'd had some critical feedback many of the things that bothered me would have been corrected. We all need cheerleaders in our lives, but when it comes to writing, those who will tell us what doesn't work are usually far more valuable than the cheerleaders.
- Read everything out loud to yourself. If it sounds funny when you hear it, or it doesn't read smoothly, then anyone else who is reading it is going to have the same problem.
- Go back and look at basic sentence structure. I'm not saying it in a catty way, but one of the things that made it hard for me to read was that everything was very short, choppy sentences. Better sentence structure would help with the flow and keep some flaws from being so distracting.
- Don't be afraid to admit when something doesn't work. Figure out how to make it work.
- No one was a perfect writer when they started. Go back to some of the early works of our well known best sellers... they all grew and expanded their craft. Everyone starts somewhere.
Since I didn't finish it, I don't know how well the story held together. But the personal attack on the author are completely uncalled for. And she has responded to many of those with style and grace (Seriously, I about died laughing over the fudge thing). That alone earns her an extra star.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I really wanted this to be a good book, but the way it was written was very choppy. Things moved too fast, and then went right to weird. Read morePublished 4 months ago by S. L.
Average read. I was a little skeptical at first, but it turned out ok.Published 6 months ago by J. Daoust
This book was a wasted read. Very poor story line, plot was weak and the characters were uninteresting. Not recommended by this reader.Published 8 months ago by S. Jones
Possibly one of the worst books I have read. Thankfully, it was a free, but I can't get the time back that I spent reading this. Read morePublished 12 months ago by elizabeth check
VERY convoluted! I found it confusing and quite stupid. Will not recommend.Published 12 months ago by mysterywritr
Not worth the time I spent reading. I should've read the something about homekeeping or gardening than this. It's very disappointing.Published 13 months ago by Rich Ville
There are so many surprises, twists and turns. This book kept me up all night. I truly enjoyed the story and fell in love with Robert. Way to go K. Raiser!Published 16 months ago by Christine Bullion
Awful, thank goodness it was free. DON`T waste your time :(Published 17 months ago by Tiara Trudelle
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Supernatural
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Suspense
- Books > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense > Paranormal
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult