Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

Family Happiness
Format: Paperback|Change

on April 7, 2017
As a first time reader of this author I am very moved by the theme. A life unexamined turns painful and therefore interesting. This way of life is so foreign to my experience that I did a lot of reflecting which I enjoy greatly. I will recommmend!
on March 15, 2016
Complex characters looking for easy in today's complex world. Some people don't know when they have it good or can only see the grass greener on the other side. They are fun to visit put I was happy to leave them when the book ended.
on August 19, 2015
In Colwin's novels the sensory details are just as important as the plot to the benefit of both. I related to the protagonist less than in some of her other novels (who is as perfect as Polly?) but the struggles are nonetheless real and her writing is gorgeous as ever.
on January 22, 2016
This book is such a good read. Ms. Colwin's language is so evocative and flawless and a pleasure to read. And her characters are so alive and sympathetic. I savor every word.
on January 24, 2016
Good entertaining read.
on May 16, 2013
I have read this book several times and finally decided to buy it for myself so I can re-read it whenever I want to.
on September 24, 2013
The book was somewhat dated, but enjoyable. Mrs. Colwin developed her characters well, but I found the story somewhat drawn out.
on April 22, 2016
Book came highly recommended from an article I had read about must read books. It took a bit to warm up to but proved to be a good read. Not sure it left me with a sense of completion about the turn of events.
on June 23, 2016
Good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 8, 2014
I enjoyed this book very much. It really looks at marriage problems realistically. It also faces the problem of sexual affairs. It might help American women understand and accept the maybe helpfulness of an affair to the marriage.