- Shipping Weight: 7.2 ounces
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B000H1XY3M
- Item model number: 10890
- Date first available at Amazon.com: July 19, 2006
- Average Customer Review: 55 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #14,010 in Software (See Top 100 in Software) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
- Discontinued by manufacturer: Yes
Family Tree Maker Version 16 Essentials [OLD VERSION]
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- 3-month Ancestry.com subscription, genealogy newsletter, training DVD, and more
- Easy and complete resource for building and sharing a family tree
- Access more than 5 billion records; search online family-history collection
- Import photos and documents to professionally designed templates
- Share unique keepsakes with family and friends; print out family albums
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Family Tree Maker Essentials Edition v16 is the #1 bestselling resource to create your family tree. It takes just three steps. First, use information you already know. With access to over 5 billion records, you’ll be able to find all the details. Next organize and design your family tree. Import photos and documents to professionally designed templates to create a unique keepsake. Share your findings with family and friends. Print out professional quality family albums. Enjoy bonuses ($150 Value) with an Ancestry.com Subscription, a 30 Minute Genealogy Consultation, the Monthly Newsletter And more!
From the Manufacturer
Family Tree Maker Essentials Edition v16 makes it fast and easy to research your family history. The software provides an easy and complete resource for building and sharing your family tree. It takes just three steps. First, access more than five billion records and search through the world's largest online family-history collection. Next, organize and design your family tree. Import photos and documents to professionally designed templates to create a unique keepsake. Finally, share your findings with family and friends. Print out professional-quality family albums. Bonuses include an Ancestry.com subscription, a 30-minute genealogy consultation, the monthly newsletter, and more!
- Search over five-billion records
- Design your family tree in minutes
- Share keepsakes with family and friends
- Three-month subscription to Ancestry.com
- Genealogy newsletter and dictionary
- Official family-tree training DVD
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I am an experienced family researcher and currently have just under 35,000 names in my database. I have been a Family Tree Maker (FTM) user since 1998 and have purchased every upgrade since that time. I administer two surname DNA projects and routinely help others with their family research.
* FTM v16 is currently, without question, my genealogy software of choice
Like many others in the faithful legions of FTM users, I routinely ordered FTM 2008 before it even came out on blind faith that each new version had been even better than before. Like so many other FTM 2008 users, I was truly shocked to find they had dropped approximately 39 core functions from the previous version, FTM v16, and found that I could no longer do many of the very basic reports that experienced researchers do so often. I quickly returned my copy of FTM 2008 in total disgust and went back to FTM v16 which now continues to fully meet my many needs. Not learning my lesson, I recently installed the new FTM 2009 on blind faith that surely, given a "do-over", they would restore the full functionality of FTM v16, and it's predecessor FTM 2006. They didn't.
* I heartily recommend FTM v16 as your "go back" version for anyone who ordered FTM 2008 or FTM 2009, returned either version in total disgust, and are now looking for a fully-featured version of Family Tree Maker. (Some users had "upgraded" directly from FTM 2005 to FTM 2008, for example, and had missed the fully-featured FTM v16 version in the process)
* I also believe that FTM v16 compares very favorably with RootsMagic, Legacy, and other comparable genealogy softwares.
* If you are a Vista user, all you need to do is download a patch from FTM to make FTM v16 fully "Vista compatible."
* I also strongly recommend FTM v16 to novice researchers who are purchasing genealogy software for the very first time. It is very intuitive, starts you out very gently in a guided fashion, but then also has the more sophisticated functions you will find very useful as your experience grows.
There are more sophisticated softwares out there, but in some cases, their learning curves are just not worth the trouble. I want a software that works for me, rather than me having the feeling I am instead working for the software.
* Bottom line, I was loyal to FTM v16 before "upgrading" to FTM 2008 and then trying again with FTM 2009, and now that I have returned back to FTM v16, I truly appreciate it's simple, clean, reliable, straightforward performance even more than ever before.
* Without hesitation, I fully recommend FTM v16 to family researchers of all experience levels.
CHT in Virginia
I didn't like the new platform that was offered recently. I had tried it and found that I would have to re-learn how to add information; being almost done with 4 sides of the family, I decided that I'd rather stick with what I know and like. Also, they had eliminated the opportunity to create your own book on your computer and printer.
This package also included a DVD which I have not used (don't have the hardware) but assume that it is a how-to; so I was not disappointed that I couldn't use it.
Thank you sir, for having this program.