|Print List Price:||$11.99|
Save $11.00 (92%)
The Family Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I was absorbed from page one and felt the tension of Twig’s explorations…from blind devotion required in a cult family, to doubt as she came of age, to tentative discovery as she embraced the outside world. Kennerson’s characters and suspenseful plot twists had me shifting through a mass of emotions…anger, frustration, sadness, happiness, angst, relief.
There just has to be a sequel…I want more.
The leader, Adam, was so believable in his manipulative cruelty. He brought to mind so many terrible people from history in the way that he totally deceived and programmed these people to have faith in nothing but him. The most difficult part of the book for me was finding ANY compassion for Twig's mother, Avery. Even after she finally admits her backstory to Twig later in the book, I still found myself shaking my head and wanting to scream at her for involving her innocent daughter in her own foolish decisions. I understand that the victims of these organizations are totally snowed over and have no idea what they are really getting into, but it just seemed so irresponsible to involve anyone but herself. Sadly, though, I'm sure this happens much too often.
This book kept me biting my nails up until the very end. Definitely worth a read!
I could almost have overlooked all that and given it maybe 2 stars or even 3 if she had managed to pull everything together in a satisfying way. But the ending -- ugh! Really? She just leaves the one character where he is to die and her superman rich daddy comes in deus ex machina and the super-pretty girl just flies away with her super-rich daddy to her super-perfect boyfriend?
I'm pretty pissed that I spent over $4 on this tripe. Don't waste your money. I feel like I read something that was vetted hastily by one of those feel-good creative writing workshops that doesn't allow people to make any real criticism. With some tight editing, a lot more character development, and much grittier drama, this writer could have written a 3-star book. She has some interesting ideas and is not *terrible* at language. But it feels like she barely even tried.
Most recent customer reviews
However great opportunity to to follow up with another book! Thanks
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Dating & Sex
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Family > Alternative Family
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Mysteries & Thrillers > Romantic
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Mysteries & Thrillers > Thrillers & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Geography & Cultures
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Dating & Sex
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Family > Alternative Family
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Mysteries & Thrillers > Science Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Mysteries & Thrillers > Thrillers & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Social Issues