The Family Stone
No enhanced packaging
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
The Stones, a New England family, have their annual holiday gathering. The eldest son brings his girlfriend home to meet his parents, brothers and sisters. The bohemian Stones greet their visitor - a high-powered, controlling New Yorker - with a mix of awkwardness, confusion and hostility. Before the holiday is over, relationships will unravel while new ones are formed, secrets will be revealed, and the family Stone will come together through its extraordinary capacity for love.
- Commentary by stars Sarah Jessica Parker and Dermot Mulroney
- Commentary by writer/director Thomas Bezucha, producer Michael London, editor Jeffrey Ford and production designer Jane Ann Stewart
- 6 deleted scenes with optional writer/director Thomas Bezucha and editor Jeffrey Ford
- "Casting Session" and "World Premiere" featurettes (from the Fox Movie Channel)
- Behind-the-scenes featurette
- Q&A session with the cast at the Screen Actors Guild Theatre
- Gag reel
- "Morton Family Strata" recipe
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
This is definitely not your typical merry, merry, happy family Christmas movie fare and I have watched it throughout the years at any time of year while realizing each time something new or overlooked before. In fact, this family is definitely not the easiest to warm up to as a whole. Each person is quite specific in how they face life except when it comes to their familial tunnel vision. They have that down in spades. With these many people acting together, there is too much to miss with just one viewing. The cast includes Diane Keaton (Sybil Stone), Craig T. Nelson (Kelly Stone), Rachel McAdams (Amy), and Luke Wilson (Ben) amongst so many others whom all fill the family home to overflowing right into the town’s public Inn; a Christmas family get together never looked quite like this to me before. This is less of a comedy as it is a drama with some great comedic elements. There are scenes that had me holding my breath because of what had been said while I was waiting for a response - or a response that I didn’t necessarily understand what all of the fuss was over. They may all fill up one great big home but these individual personalities manage to suck in each and every corner of breathing space. The questions may be as follows: Is there room for Meredith, who represents a different point of view? Can these families learn from one another that puzzle pieces don’t always fit perfectly, and if they do, the picture may be far too boring? Again, you decide.
Mom has cancer, Brother is gay with perfect significant other, and trying to adopt a baby, One brother smokes a little pot, laid back likes to have fun, one is all business, a lonely sister, an expecting sister, and a new girlfriend entering the family who most of the family do not appreciate but one brother appreciates her too much.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Romance
- Movies & TV > Holidays & Seasonal > Christmas > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Holidays & Seasonal > Christmas > Romantic
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > All Fox Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Comedy