Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Family Ties: Season 7
Format: DVD|Change

on February 3, 2016
This was a great TV series with so many great family and other important issues addressed, but with smart/unoffensive humor. About the only show on now that is anywhere close to it is "The Middle". Watching Family Ties is very nostalgic for me as well, as I grew up in the 80's. I watched the first probably 4-5 seasons, then life got busy. It's sort of neat to go back and find out how things ended on the show and for all the characters. Also interesting to look back on some of the individual characters, knowing some of the dramatic twists their real lives have taken.
on August 13, 2017
The final season, of a great sit-com. I own all seven seasons in DVD. This show has a great cast, great story lines, and a lot of very funny scenarios. For seven seasons I watched the Keatons grow up and the show never seem to lose it's quality. This seventh and final season, does not disappoint.
on September 7, 2013
Finally, I own all seven seasons!
Having waited and waited to buy the sixth and seventh seasons of Family Ties, I was finally able to get Season 6 in April and Season 7 in August. Of course, I watched all the episodes of Season 7 in rapid succession, and I enjoyed most of them very much. I think that Gary Goldberg realized in Season 7 what he didn't quite get in Season 6...that the members of this family are all older now and that their concerns can't be the same as they were when the show started years before. Of course, the humor and the irrepressible Alex P. Keaton are essential, but the shows deal with serious themes as well. Steven's heart attack is a three-episode event that doesn't leave much room for humor, and the theme of racism is tackled when Steven's black co-worker and his family move into the Keatons' neighborhood. In the final episodes, Alex is off to his dream job in NYC, and the other Keaton children aren't far behind in leaving the nest (with the exception of Andy), and so Family Ties comes to a very natural and appropriate end when Alex bids his family farewell to leave for the Big Apple. Season 7 is very satisfying and a great improvement over some of the rather silly and inane episodes in Season 6.
on September 25, 2013
It was great to finally see the last season released on DVD after a long wait. Overall I liked the DVD set in that the picture and audio quality for all of the episodes were very good. I believe this last season was recorded in stereo (new to TV broadcasts in 1988-89), and it appears they preserved the audio track. It was also great seeing the final episode uncut instead of divided into two parts like it was for syndication, and I especially liked seeing the cast come out and take their final bows as I saw back in May 1989 when it first aired.

The only disappointments I have with this last season is that there weren't any extras included. It would've been nice to hear some thoughts from the cast & crew about that final season and how they came to the decision to end the show at that point. Particularly since creator Gary David Goldberg has passed away and sadly will no longer be able to share any more stories about this show.

Still, though, it's nice to have the complete series on DVD at last. Some notable guest appearances this season include Jane Adams (who later played Mel on Fraiser), Maura Tierny (though I never watched that show, I recongized the name), and Dan Hedaya (played Carla's ex-husband Nick Tortelli on Cheers).
on October 7, 2015
I remember growing up with this series and it was truly fun to watch. While some of the scenarios may be a little out there, there was some grain of truth and you did get the feeling that everyone in the family was supporting others in their own way. Parents--if you have the time and see a few episodes with your kids that at least relate to what you are going through. Even if you don't, some are just fun to see.
on April 2, 2017
Great Show. Really enjoyed it, they don't make tv show like that anymore.
on February 9, 2017
Great shows for our family
on June 26, 2015
always good to watch some from the 80
on January 25, 2015
As far as our family is concerned, Family Ties is the best comedy TV series there is! We have been waiting for Seasons 6 and 7 and we're thrilled to finally receive them. Our collection is finally complete!
on January 23, 2016
My son is enjoying the episodes as new. The program is more "family friendly" than many show today. The picture was better than I remember it being on cable. Thanks Amazon Prime. You rock!