Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 68 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 84 reviews
on September 2, 2016
love the show but the episodes are out of order within season 4, 5 and 6. You will see Jen i middle school then 5 episodes later she is 10 years old. Andy goes from 6 years then two or three episodes later he is a baby. then a 6 year old then a baby. clearly the episodes are not in order
I have been waiting for a LONG time for this season to be released. They really hit a great stride this season. The introduction of Courtney Cox's character as a love interest brought out some of the funniest lines and circumstances the series ever saw.

Every aspect this season just seemed to fire on all cylinders. Andy, the youngest, became more active, and gave them yet another point of view for humorous lines.

And, of course, there's the "Dear Mallory" episode with one of the greatest lines Alex P. Keaton ever uttered, when she said, "It's like there's this little voice, inside my head, saying..." and Alex breaks in with, "Gee, you can see for MILES in here!"

Courtney Cox shined in this season, this was in my opinion her best work. I didn't like her as much on Friends, maybe she was just fresh enough here being a still unknown name and face.

And if anyone can get through the first episode with Alex and the lie detector without wetting their pants laughing, there's something seriously wrong with them.

For any fan who loved Family Ties, the gold ring is finally here to grasp, Season 6. The audio quality and video quality are about as great as you can hope for from such an old source filmed in 4:3, but I'm glad they preserved the format rather than do some pan and scan type of conversion to a widescreen format. So the video looks good, even on an HDTV, despite the lower resolution source. I hadn't expected it to be crystal clear, but I had hoped it wouldn't be WORSE than seeing it originally when it was aired, and it was better than I had hoped for.
on July 3, 2016
Family Ties is a fun family sitcom. However, in Season 6, they mistakenly name Jami Gertz as Alex's girlfriend, when in fact the part is played by Courtney Cox.

Otherwise, most of the situations are about hot items in the 80s, like nuclear war, save this, save that, etc. Pretty good, though.
on January 25, 2015
Family Ties never disappoints; there is always laughter; great lines; depth; and a moral to the story. It's been our family favorite for years, and we waited impatiently for Seasons 6 and 7 to come out, and we enjoy our nightly dose of an episode of Family Ties together once again. These last two seasons were a little spendy, but our collection is now complete and I know we will watch them over and over again.
on February 19, 2016
I saw this TV show back in the days, in Portugal ;) and now me and my husband we are revisiting it with our 11 years old son: he loves it!!!!
And I still remember some of the jokes!!! It's a very good feeling to realize that after all these years it's still up to date and that my son can enjoy it too.
on July 24, 2016
The show is very funny and gives a great look at family values. Every body has a different opinion. They all respect each other 's opinion and at the end of each episode, everyone does what's best for the family. It is an awesome show.
on September 15, 2015
Watched episode with Campbell Scott.
on September 23, 2016
There are some episodes that are out of order from each season. The show was originally on NBC but noticed CBS is the distributor. Other than that it is worth watching.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 25, 2016
As I have written before, I really enjoy this series. One probably would have to have lived during the time this ran, to truly understand the comedy it often presented.
on February 8, 2017
Satisfied with product. Again, another one of my show collections so I had to buy it. Would recommend, especially to fans.