Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 29 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 39 reviews
I grew up reading Erma Bombeck. I have always loved her columns and her books. My parents and I would sit around the dinner table and discuss her columns ~~ but now as a mother and a wife, I have a much better appreciation of Erma's writing.

This one is about her kids coming home in 1987 and one of them announced that he's moving back in permanently ~~ and it's a rundown of all the things that family members do. Sometimes, it's funny and sometimes, it's annoying. But what are you going to do? Throw them out on the streets? Erma had me laughing all night while laying in the hospital bed with a sick preschooler. She's been there and I am going through it. It's a honest, refreshing look at parenting and marriage ~~ everyone should read Erma. She gets her points across with humor and statire.

I am reading three others of her books ~~ and can't wait to read them. She's the perfect medicine for this housewife!

5-11-06
on February 22, 2016
Years ago my mom gave this to me. It hit home to a young mother and made me laugh until I couldn't breath! I actually have to credit Erma with creating a much more relaxed mother for my own children. Looking at motherhood through her eyes allowed me to see the humor in situations that might have formerly pushed me over the edge. I have now gifted this to my own daughter who is in the perfect place to enjoy it as much as i did. Thank you, Erma, for all your hilarious wisdom. You are missed.
on August 12, 2016
Erma Bombeck is always fun - even though this is a very old book. Book was rated "Good" quality. I guess it is "Good," but the pages are very yellow with age. I'm enjoying it.
on June 15, 2016
Love Erma's books, always funny.
on November 30, 2013
So funny!! You will identify with Erma's very funny description of everyday life in the family, that will have you ROTFL (rolling on the floor laughing)! A really good laugh. "Laughter is the best medicine." "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine"! I got this for my Mom who has always been a big Erma fan, and she loved it, so did I! Great purchase, good price. This would make a great gift for someone this Christmas who needs a good laugh.
on May 17, 2015
You won't stop laughing...........Erma's daily issues with family are often what happens to everyone, but she has a way of putting on paper the funny aspects of every situation. You won't want to stop reading this!
on January 24, 2014
There's a very good reason this book was on the New York Times Bestseller List for 6 months -- this lady was FUNNY!
This book is Erma Bombeck's take on family dynamics -- & she knows her subject well.
Highly recommended!
on March 19, 2014
While this book is a fun-loving look at real life as a mother, it is also a great collection of stories that can be used for many purposes. As a forensic coach, the chapter selections work great for monologues, prose readings, and competition pieces.
on June 15, 2013
I LOVED THIS BOOK ONE OF ERMAS FUNNIEST BOOKS. I COULDN'T STOP LAUGHING I LAUGHED SO HARD I FELL OFF THE BED AND WENT ROLLING ON THE FLOOR. I LOVED THIS BOOK BY A GREAT LADY WHO KNEW HOW TO BE HILARIOUS.WE ALL MISS YOU ERMA LOVE ERMA LOVE HER BOOKS.
on December 14, 2016