- Product Dimensions: 1.6 x 5.2 x 7.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B005N2CS8M
- Item model number: 41390
- Date first available at Amazon.com: September 15, 2011
- Average Customer Review: 295 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,613 in Software (See Top 100 in Software) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Family Tree Maker Deluxe [OLD VERSION]
- TreeSync has been replaced by Software MacKiev’s FamilySync, FamilySync is now available only in Software MacKiev’s Family Tree Maker 2017 edition.
- Access Billions of Historical Records From Ancestry.com
- IMPROVED! Charts and Reports in a Variety of Formats to Share with Friends and Family
- Incorporate Photos, Documents, Audio, Video and Other Files Into Your Tree
- View Timelines and Interactive Maps Highlighting Events and Places in Your Ancestors’ Lives
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Whether you’re a seasoned pro, or just starting your search, Ancestry.com Family Tree Maker gives you more exciting ways to discover your family history than any other Genealogy software. Rich storytelling tools enable you to add photos, documents and videos right to your tree.
Family Tree Maker 2012 Deluxe
Family Tree Maker Lets You Easily...
- Organize your family story privately and conveniently on your PC
- Build your family tree as Ancestry.com searches 5 billion historical records, including immigration, marriage and census data
- Get started quickly with an enhanced, easy-to-use interface
- NEW! Update and share your tree from any Internet connection with TreeSync
- IMPROVED! Create Smart Stories automatically with improved content generation and editing options
- IMPROVED! Build your tree more easily with upgraded help topics and video tutorials
- NEW! View combined families, including step families and adoptees, at a glance
- IMPROVED! Print more informative family trees by including generation labels and text boxes
Discover Your Family Story
Family Tree Maker 2012 Deluxe makes it easy to discover your family history. With a three-month membership to Ancestry.com included, you'll have FREE access to 5 billion U.S. historical records, photos, news stories and other family trees. Collaborate with the largest, most active family history community in the world.
Follow the Hints
Just enter what you know into your family tree. Hints (green leaf icons) will soon appear, linking you to historical records and trees that might hold answers about your ancestors.
Build your tree using Family Tree Maker and upload it to Ancestry.com. Whether you're working online or on your desktop, you can always keep your trees in sync with just the click of a button. (Even update your tree using our FREE iPhone and iPad app!**) Share your tree with other family members and choose who can view and update it.
Preserve Your Discoveries
Save To Your Desktop
Family Tree Maker saves information you discover on Ancestry.com to your family tree, complete with an electronic copy of the original record.
Write Smart Stories in two easy steps using improved page designs and templates. Each time you edit your tree, Smart Stories updates automatically.
Manage Photos and More
Store photos, audio and video files, electronic records and more right inside Family Tree Maker. Easy-to-use tools help you to manage them faster than ever before.
Try Ancestry's iPhone & iPad app**
Download the FREE Ancestry app from iTunes. Then easily update and share your tree on the go.
IMPROVED: Charts & Reports
View and share your tree from different perspectives--by location, migration path, family name, birthdays and more.
We Make It Easy For You
This version of Ancestry.com Family Tree Maker includes helpful extras. If you need help, view the NEW video tutorials, reference the Quick Start Guide or call our live U.S.-based customer support.
3 Months of Free Access to Ancestry.com
Access over 5 billion U.S. records on the largest family history website.
The Companion Guide to Family Tree Maker
Learn Family Tree Maker's most popular features with quick lessons that make research fast and fun.
The Family History Toolkit
Access six invaluable family-history reference books--volumes of information that can help you with your research--compiled on one DVD.
*U.S. membership term begins upon Family Tree Maker registration and activation of Ancestry.com subscription. A valid credit card is required to begin your Ancestry.com membership though you won't be billed unless you let your subscription automatically renew when the free 3 months has ended.
**Requires software download from iTunes
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have 2 Ancestry.com trees. Whenever I update online or offline I sync my data. Absolutely no problems here. Even my photos copy!
I have not yet played around with all the features, but hope to have some time soon to do so.
I highly recommend it!
I found a work around to get FTW version 10 to install on HP 64 bit Windows 7. It will tell you a DLL file is missing but ignore the warning. The program will run. Also if compatibility warning screen comes up say that it installed correctly. It works! that is more than I can say for versions 2012, 2014 and 2014 update.
If you have the version 10 on an XP or earlier machine and need to move it to a Windows 7 machine, e-mail for the work around. I deleted it from the XP machine so I am legal.
Regarding the program only (not using Ancestry.com): Not only is it cumbersome to use for this very experienced genealogist and quite computer savvy person, it created weird connections in my family tree. This is an unforgivable offense!
I imported my family tree, and can compare that exact same tree on the other program I've used with it as imported to FTM. The differences are clear and it's obvious that the errors are FTM's doing, as they do not exist in the file as viewed elsewhere. It linked completely unrelated people to one another, creating many instances of people being born to parents that lived hundreds of years before or after them and in different (unrelated) branches of my tree. It plugged random individuals into families where they didn't belong. It makes data entry absurdly roundabout and tedious. It's unusable. The only two things I like about this program are the look (it's got pretty buttons) and the feature where you can easily include a descriptive field to the location field (so that a hospital name, house address, cemetery name, etc. can accompany the city, county, state, and country). I can do without that feature if it means my data is safe and accurate as entered.
Editing because I forgot to add this: installation was a pain. I got through it, but I would have been better off if I hadn't.