Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 34 reviews
on August 23, 2005
Based on the old addage "you get what you pay for" I purchased these as an alternative to beach towels for use around the pool. Previous reviews advised that they were not as thick or as well made as some that cost 5 times as much. I didn't expect they would be. What I found, however, is that they are much thicker, better made and larger than most of the beach towels available--and less expensive. They've held up well so far and I wouldn't hesitate to buy more. These towels get washed once a year; they are used, hung to dry and put back into the pool box to be used again. As such, they've taken this abuse well. Will they unravel a bit when washed consistently? Maybe...but for my use I'm guessing they'll last a number of years. I love them! If you're looking for bath towels that can be washed twice a week, you might want to opt for a higher quality...but be prepared to pay a much higher price.
on October 17, 2006
I loved these towels when they arrived. The color was great, size was wonderful and they were very soft too. The problem with the two sets I received is the durability of them. They all started falling apart after they were washed less than 6 times. The end seams fell out and the towels started fraying, badly. I really liked these but I think I'd pick something else next time. It's too bad because the towels themselves are still very thick and beautiful except the badly frayed ends. It's too embarrassing to have these hanging in the bathroom when guests might see them.
on August 15, 2005
I felt like I was sort of taking a chance with these towels, but I have now purchased many more sets. They are thick, soft, and a good size. I was so relieved they weren't little dinky things. This is one of those online deals you just don't come across very often. I almost feel like I cheated the system when I got them on sale on Amazon. Don't be surprised when the box comes and it weighs three times as much as you thought it would, either. These towels are designed to last for years and years!
VINE VOICEon August 30, 2005
These were a good buy. I checked them over carefully before and after washing the first time and they've been washed many times since. They didn't unravel. I didn't worry about the "bad" reviews I read because I have a great sewing machine. These towels are soft and were a great bargain I'll be buying more if they go on sale again. The color stayed true after washing also.
on August 15, 2005
Ok, I actually really like the towels. I bought 4. However, one of them came with a hole in it. I didn't notice the hole until after I'd washed them. I washed them as soon as I got them out of the box so I don't think it was anything I did to make the hole appear. I didn't notice the hole until I used the towel for the first time.
on August 20, 2005
I was quite happy with these bath sheets. They are nice and big, and very soft and absorbent. There was a bit of pilling after the first few washings, but nothing excessive. For the price they are a great deal. The color and detailing were just as pictured.
on August 23, 2005
These towels were exactly as expected -- very large, soft, and not too thick; just right for stepping out of the shower and drying off. A little more thickness would have made these five stars. Still, the price was great, and we use them daily.
on August 21, 2005
I find that I have to throw them in the dryer after each use. They don't seem to air dry overnight. I also noticed the hem stitching in a couple of spots was unravelling (this has not yet caused a problem using them).
on November 1, 2005
These towels were nice and big and thick, but after many washes they are still shedding little fuzz balls everywhere. I find them in the bathtub, floor and on everything they are washed with.
on August 3, 2005
I was very surprised to open the Amazon carton and find these were manufactured under the Grand Patrician label. The Cinnamon color adds a great punch to my master bath.

The towels are soft, very fluffy and have held up well after 3 washings. I highly recommend them, as I have not seen a value like these in years!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.