Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fancierstudio DOUBLE AC Flash Light Stand Swivel Mount with Umbrella holder By Fancierstudio E27 Double
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on May 27, 2014
I bought two of these to use with 4x 85 watt CFL bulbs. They fit and work perfectly. The build quality is so-so, to be honest. For $9 that's expected and reasonable. They aren't going to fall apart when you use them but I'd expect to replace these within 2 years. Again, that's A-ok in my book considering the price.

My biggest complaint with these is the tilting. In the photo you see a twist thumb screw on each side of the unit. These essentially rotate in conjunction and tighten down on the same axel inside the tube. Meaning you have to loosen both of them at the same time to move anything. This then loosens both sockets and the umbrella holder. It's kind of a mess to adjust when the bulbs and umbrella are in place. But it's not a deal breaker.

Having individual on/off switches for each socket is VERY nice. And the 3 meter cord is very useful. I'd be willing to spend more in the $20 range for this exact thing with a better tilting mechanism. But for now, these get my recommendation for the $9 price tag.

NOTE: I bought these to use with CFL bulbs and shoot-thru umbrellas. However, I learned that CFL bulbs output light to the sides, not straight forward. You'll want to use a softbox or "umbrella softbox" (aka brolly box). Be warned!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon April 10, 2015
This Fancierstudio Double E27 fixture is super light duty, so don't play rough with it and avoid over torquing the bulb. The metal socket is attached directly to the plastic case and is fragile. Wish it had a ceramic insert or shield. Nevertheless, I've used 60 and 85 watt CFLs for hours and it performed fine.

The light stand mount is plastic fantastic and integral to the light housing. It fits 5/8" male light stand tips or smaller. Even fits on mic stands. Be sure to gently snug up the T-screw or the thread insert (a metal nut) will pull out of the plastic. Mine pulled out but I glued it back in.

The two lights swivel independently but are awkward to adjust once the CFLs and umbrella are installed. The umbrella mount works but is crude: barely fits in that tight hole. Be careful if installing the umbrella with the CFLs in the sockets as it's easy to slip and hit a bulb

There's a flat platform between the two sockets but no cold shoe or way of attaching a light stand tip. My fixture has two small screws embedded in the platform. Substitute a longer screw and the rear hole could be used to secure a cold shoe or small ball head.

This fixture is optimized for use with shoot-through or reflective umbrellas but also works with umbrella softboxes. The only gotcha with softboxes is the on-off switch is on the fixture, rather than the wire, so you have to open the box to power up and down. This double fixture works well as a key light when I'm using single bulb fixtures for fill and hair lights.

I own a couple other identical double fixtures, but sold under different brand names, and I'm sure they're made in the same Chinese factory: same white box and hardware. The bottom-line is the Fancierstudio does what it's meant to do: mounts on a light stand, adjusts and holds position, holds an umbrella and powers 85 watt CFLs fine.
on May 9, 2014
The knobs that allow you to adjust the light is one large screw with the other end as the adjustment nut. If you are planning on adjusting one bulb you would have to hold the whole thing and adjust accordingly. Very difficult when you want to move one light at a time. Other than that, it works perfectly fine.
on June 1, 2016
A little bit bit tricky to adjust, but for the price is worth it.
I use this with a softbox. To get it to work correctly (having the same amount of light bouncing inside the softbox) I twist one of the sockets, so they face each other. Remember that fluorecent lights, emit light from the side, not the front.
on March 21, 2016
For the money, this is a good product. Please note, the construction is almost all plastic, and not very sturdy. I have used splitters and have 4 bulbs and a 7 foot umbrella attached. This product was clearly not designed for that load. Hopefully it will hold up.
on April 18, 2014
I use these (bought 2) weekly. While they may not be the most ruggedly built devices they work as described without any adverse issues. If properly taken care of they should give years of trouble free use.
When received, they was well packaged.
on June 8, 2014
Bought for a small indoor grow experiment. 1 2-prong-plug that supplies energy to two light sockets that have two separate on/off switches makes it easy to select your amount of light whether you want to rock both at the same time or either a separate times. Currently my setup uses 1 23w (100w equiv) cfl and 1 40w (200w equiv) cfl and its working perfectly. Also, the cord its pretty solid, and the mount is light, especially if you remove the flat mount in the center, so you could hang the fixture above plants at a small length of cord (not really recommended, but works)
on May 11, 2015
It good for he price but there is one flaw. One of the socket where you screw in the bulb has a loose contact and you have to play around with the bulb in order for it to light up. I returned this item as it may catch fire.
on February 5, 2016
Holds my 300 watt bulbs well. As other people have said, it doesn't stay in place very well if you touch it because the tightening screws on the sides aren't very strong, but it's fine if you are going to just leave the bulbs in place.
on February 26, 2016
I am am teaching myself video and needed to go from from flash to continuous light. I bought to 2 sets of these bulb bases and dropped in 4 65w 5000k LED bulbs and away I go. Around 3000 lumens for 60 bucks using my existing stand. I am sure it will be good enough for this stage of my videography self education. Also learning DaVinci Resolve 12 (free edition) editor and color grader.

The bases seem perfectly sturdy for my uses. If I had one nit picky gripe it would be though the heads have independent thumb screws, loosening one causes both to loosen - I will get used to it or reengineer that part.