Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Shop Popular Services Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 21 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 37 reviews
on February 9, 2007
When I decided to become veggie, my boyfriend frowned. He figured that we'd be giving up on all these foods that he likes. I made these sloppy joes for him though, and he couldn't even tell the difference! We're talking about a guy who likens eating vegetables to having teeth pulled. I figure that he if he can eat them and ask for them again, anybody would like them.
on August 12, 2007
This is better than the real thing. I am a vegetarian, and my husband loves his meat. When I fixed this he couldn't tell the difference , and liked them better than a Manwich.
on May 19, 2008
I can't remember what "real" sloppy joe's taste like. It has been too long but I do remember I didn't like it. So, knowing that, this stuff is great!!! I want to eat it because it tastes good not just because it is a good source of protein. Reminds me more of my Mom's mulligan's stew base than the overly sweet sloppy joe mix that used to come in a bottle in the 70's.

Update: I have given boxes and cooked sloppy joes for non-veggie and they all love it. My parents have regularly eaten beef sloppy joes and have switched to the veggie version and say it tastes better and easier to digest :).
on September 21, 2012
I first tried this product when sold in my grocery store, it was wonderful. Of course when I go back to purchase more, they had stopped selling the product so I had to find it. I am glad I did, this is the second order of 12 purchased. I do the spruced up recipe and it is wonderful. I even have my non-vegetarian spouse and children eating without asking any questions. It is easy to fix, tasty, and is a great source of protein. I really want to try some of their other products.
on February 2, 2013
Got my shipment today, so I went to the store to buy hamburger buns, tomato paste, and onions. Super easy and quick to make. It tasted awesome, the first sloppy joe I have had in years since I became a vegetarian. In the directions it says to add 1 tablespoon of oil but I forgot to put it in. It tasted great and when I make it in the future I won't be adding any oil. The texture is really surprisingly good for not having meat in it. Thumbs up.
on July 22, 2011
Fantastic Foods Vegetarian Sloppy Joe Mix, 4.4-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12) I like it so much I ordered the 12 Boxes... Another Great tasting product from the Fantastic World Foods Folks, I wanted to try it for a while and I am glad I did, just like the Taco Filling, followed the Cooking Directions and made the whole Bag in a Saucepan 1-3/4 Cups of water, 3 ounces =1/3 Cup of Tomato Paste and 1 Tablespoon of Oil, bring water to a Boil and added to it, reduce Heat and simmer for 5 minutes until liquid is absorbed

Since I found the Sodium a little High for our taste 530 MG 22% (we don't use a lot of Salt) I decided to compensate all that Salt by adding one Big Tablespoon of Onions and another one of Green Bell Peppers to the Mix, very finely chopped that I had sauteed in a non-stick Skillet with two drops of Oil, even though in the List of Ingredients there is Dehydrated Green Bell Peppers and Onion Powder, I though it wouldn't hurt, ...and like Magic it turned into what it looked like Ground Beef and it was Good

We do not really eat it on a Bun, well the first one I did, but I found many more uses than just a Bun, I even use it in Pasta Dishes as a Substitute for Regular Ground Beef. I Posted a series of Pictures under the Item's Image, Step by Step Recipe making Whole Wheat Pasta Shells and using Fantastic Sloppy Joe Vegetarian Mix as Ground Beef and other uses as well, Please Check it out. Thank You D.D.
on July 20, 2013
My husband is not a meat eater, but remembers the great taste of sloppy joes. Fantastic Foods satisfies that craving with their sloppy joe mix! It's as close to the real thing as you can get without adding beef. Prompt service adds to the satisfaction with this product.
on December 1, 2012
Absolutely delicious and easy to prepare. I don't think anyone would notice the difference between this and the real thing.
on February 26, 2011
This meat-free sloppy joe mix is one of Fantastic foods best products. I use the expanded recipe on the back of the box that calls for onions and tomato paste and the result is simply fantastic.

If you miss some foods from your non-vegetarian life, are transitioning to a vegetarian life, want to fit in more with the crowd at your next picnic and/or simply want something delicious, you need to pick up this product.

The texture is pleasant the nutritional profile is good; this is a low calorie meal option that packs on the protein. My husband eats quite a bit of meat and devours these.

This product is also fairly cheap, cooks quickly and makes you feel satisfied. I couldn't recommend it more.
on September 23, 2015
I just reviewed this stuff from another seller I guess. As I mentioned, the vegetarians at my mom's temple love whatever she's making with this stuff (it ain't sloppy joe) and we've ordered tons of it. I just hope we don't find out it's made out of people or something.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.