Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 31 reviews
on July 15, 2015
a bit too much pop culture for kids who are not big TV/cable watchers.
on February 8, 2010
I purchased two of these crossword books for my kids (this one specifically, and another by the same author with a similar title). They both keep the books in the car, and whenever we go run errands or take a short trip, they spend time working on these. They really enjoy them; they're not so hard that the kids get frustrated but not so simple that they treat children like idiots! My kids are 9 and 11, and I would purchase (and probably will, age permitting) more of these for both kids, assuming they have them for kids as they get older. Great way to not only stop kids from fighting in the car, but also to enable them to help each other out whenever one of them gets stuck (which is rare b/c the clues are very effective)! I believe they are real confidence boosters as well.
on April 8, 2017
perfect
on November 19, 2013
Kid enjoys doing them, but in each puzzle there seem to be a number of pop culture references that require adult input. For example, references to "The Simpsons" characters and exclamations, and PEZ dispensers...other than that, fun for the elementary school age kid.
on June 10, 2011
Perfect for kids. My grandchildren got right into doing the puzzles. They are 5,6 & 7. Good group activity - they could all participate
on May 24, 2013
The puzzles are very much doable by 8-9 yr olds. Very good when kiddo needs to be busy at places where she cant 'chat' or at night when its 1:1 time with mommy/daddy.
on January 5, 2011
My granddaughter has just gotten into crosswords. I could not find a crosswords book for her age anywhere! I knew Amazon would come through! This book is great, she loves that she can read and understand most of it and she especially loves it when she knows the answers! I work on this with her, some answers are a bit difficult but it's so much fun sharing this time together!
on November 2, 2011
Nice book, but too frustrating for my 7 year old. To many references to words not yet understood the meaning too. Lots of words were fine, but she didn't enjoy it. She had to have help with too many words.
on October 28, 2016
My grandson always wants to help me with my newspaper crossword puzzles, as well as the books that I have. They are too difficult for him, but he was intrigued. This product was just right for him. He is very proud of how many he has completed!
on January 5, 2013
My 7 year old grandson loved the puzzles. He's been helping his grandfather do adult puzzles and can now do his own.