Top critical review
You play it because you like the abuse
on December 26, 2013
Every time I play one of these games in the Arkham series, I wonder what I'm doing. I never win them, but there's something fun about the punishment none the less.
I think this game is probably more enjoyable for those who know Lovecraft lore, only because then you can appreciate the abuse that comes with playing one of these games.
The only frustrating thing is this game is largely based on luck. The strategy lies in gaining items and doing things that slant the game in your favor, but a bunch of bad rolls do ruin this game. That's where liking the lore comes in really handy.
My boyfriend and I play this game two player, and we enjoy it.
* Lots of Lovecraft references
* Makes you go mad in true Lovecraft fashion
* Beautiful pieces
* Fast paced with two players
* Keeps you on your toes
* Longer duration game
* Lots of replay value with different monsters and investigators
* Largely luck based(though this can be altered with careful strategy)