Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.98 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Fantasy & Legend Scroll Saw Puzzles (Fox Chapel Publishing) 29 Ready-to-Cut Patterns for Fantastic Creatures like Dragons, Gargoyles, Unicorns, Hydra, Phoenix, Griffin, Hippogriff, Mermaids, and More Paperback – April 1, 2005
The Amazon Book Review
Book recommendations, author interviews, editors' picks, and more. Read it now
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
From the Back Cover
Create Unique and Entertaining Puzzles
of Timeless Legendary Creatures
Dragons and Gargoyles. Unicorns and Mermaids. Griffins and Hydras. These mythical creatures have long captured the imagination, and they all come alive in Judy and Dave Peterson's latest book, Fantasy & Legend Scroll Saw Puzzles. Integrating a lifetime passion for mythology with her expert scrolling skills, Judy Peterson has created a menagerie of beings that can be proudly displayed in the unconventional form of interlocking, upright puzzles.
Inside you'll find:
- Tips and techniques for successfully selecting wood, using the proper tools, and mastering the critical steps of sanding and finishing
- Easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions for cutting a Welsh Dragon, the legendary symbol of Wales
- 29 well-designed, ready-to-cut puzzle patterns depicting fabled creatures from Greek mythology, European folklore, Chinese legend, and other storied traditions
- Two diorama patterns to captivate and challenge scroll saw enthusiasts of all skill levels
About the Author
A former schoolteacher and librarian, Judy Peterson found her niche in life as a woodworker. She bought her first saw in 1990 and, within the first six months, was cutting and creating her own designs. A winner of many design awards, Judy now sells her puzzles at science fiction convention art shows around the country.
Together with her husband, Dave Peterson, Judy has written numerous articles for Scroll Saw Woodworking and Crafts. In her spare time, Judy reads, keeps track of politics on TV, gardens, cooks, turns bowls on her lathe, puts together other people's flat puzzles, and plays duplicate bridge.
Fox Chapel Publishing published their first book, Dinosaur Puzzles for the Scroll Saw, in 2002, and their second and third books, Fantasy & Legend Puzzles for the Scroll Saw, and Animal Puzzles for the Scroll Saw in 2005. They have also penned Zodiac Puzzles for Scroll Saw Woodworking and Making Wooden Dinosaur Toys and Puzzles (a revision and expansion of book one).
- Publisher : Design Originals; First edition (April 1, 2005)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 80 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1565232569
- ISBN-13 : 978-1565232563
- Item Weight : 13.3 ounces
- Dimensions : 8.52 x 0.28 x 11 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #149,534 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Everything she draws is worth having. Thanks