FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $4.98. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- ONLINE ENABLED
Customers who bought this item also bought
Far Cry is set in the future that features exciting new elements and 3D worlds set in both vast detailed outdoor and indoor areas. Far Cry will showcase the latest AI and physics technologies to recreate the most believable character movements, as well as real-time 3D atmospheric sound rendering, weapon bullets and footsteps as if you were there, in the game.
From the Manufacturer
You're Jack Carver, stranded on a remote tropical island. A legion of elite mercenaries equipped with a military stockpile is rapidly closing in. Outmanned and outgunned, your survival won't come easy. Only with skill, instincts, and ingenuity can you conquer the enemy and make it out alive.
In the open-ended tropical environment, discover many ways to kill. Set up and unleash brutal jungle traps. Commit stealth kills amidst the foliage. Snipe from extreme distances. Steal the enemy's weapons and launch brutal counter-assaults over land, sea, and air-ranging from hand-to-hand strikes to rocket salvos. To conquer the mercenaries' Full Action Response A.I., you must develop skills you never thought you had.
- Open season in a 100-percent open environment: Do whatever it takes to exterminate the mercenaries, in any situation. Take cover in the undergrowth, set traps, kill by stealth; battle from extreme long range, from gun-mounted vehicles, fight in close quarters, or through the wilds of the island.
- Equipment that looks and feels real: Plunder an arsenal of responsive, realistic weapons and vehicles including P90s, MP5s, Vulcan Miniguns, Mortars, ATVs, gunboats, hang-gliders, and much more. Turn the mercenaries' stockpile into the instruments of their own destruction.
- Create your own shooter's paradise: The battle continues with deep multiplayer and level editor features. Build custom maps in real time, upload them via Xbox Live, and stage ultimate deathmatches against your friends.
- Unleash your predator skills: survive the furious and inhospitable wilderness by unveiling your true nature; develop your vision abilities, track the enemies' scent, and become faster and stronger.
- F.A.R. A.I.: Outsmart the mercenaries' complex Full Action Response A.I. Snipers, stalkers, scouts, and grenadiers react to your tactics with coordinated strikes from all angles, distances, and terrains.
Top customer reviews
1. If you do not have the time & date properly set on your xbox OR if you take this game out of/eject the disc from your xbox for any reason: you WILL be forced to watch a five minute commercial for the game you are minutes away from playing. from what i've been told, this has to do with temporary sound files far cry installs on your xbox. when the game is ejected, the files are deleted.
2. the AI is terrible. the enemies are either so mindnumbingly stupid you can walk up behind them and shoot them in the face at point blank range or they're so clairvoient you'll be spotted from so far away that even with the scope on your sniper rifle, you couldn't fire an acurate shot. This also makes stealth moves harder, as your spotted in everything except the thickest of brush. unfortunately, sight in this brush is pretty restricted. BE WARNED: one mission towards the end of the game will have you pulling your hair out. it is your job to escort a person to a chopper, killing any bad guy that gets in the way. unfortunately, the guy will constantly run out in front of you and otherwise get in the way. this will force you to play this mission dozens of times before dumb luck finally leaves you victorious.
3. then there's the weapon damage. somehow, the enemy can shoot you through trees and behind rocks... with amazing accuracy. ememies can withstand dozens of shots to the body while still charging at you with full speed.
4. the vehicle control just plain sucks... especially when driving smaller vehicles. firing while on the vehicles is equally as crummy. because you are driving in first person, you'll often times find yourself backing off cliffs, hitting things you can't see causing you vehicle to flip over.
5. this game also uses auto-save points. unfortunately, these can be few and far between forcing you to replay lengthy sections of game.
there is fun to be had, but not without enduring tons of flaws. and to be forwarned: THE ENDING PRETTY MUCH SUCKS. putting 20 hours in to a game for a (literally) 35 second payoff? come on...