Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Fergie GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 54 reviews
on July 7, 2005
I bought this set on April 2nd and paid $39.99. I'm a little miffed to see that it is now $29.99. Aside from that, the shears have already broken. I contacted Farberware as the set says there is a lifetime guarantee. Even though I took and sent them a photo of the broken shears (the rivet that holds the two pieces together came apart), they said I'd have to send the shears back to an address in NJ. Since they have shears of the same type at my local dollar store (made in China), I decided that spending over $5 to mail them back was not worth it. I went to the dollar store and got a pair there.
VINE VOICEon November 11, 2004
These are a great set for a starter/college student. They were ranked by Consumer Reports as the best buy for knife sets, and with good reason.

I was looking for a cheap set for my parents, to add to their collection of Wusthof Classics and Sabatiers, just for everyday use, soa s not to wear out their more expensive knives. Sure, these might not have the great German steel, but they also don't cost 10x as much, and with my handy electric knife sharpener, that's not really much of a problem.

You sure get a lot of bang for your buck here; the wood block is nice, no cracks. The knives are a great deal- bolster, full tang, and forged steel, not stamped like in many cheaper blocks. The polypropylene handles felt a little rough, but overall weight balance felt good.

Great deal! Highly recommended.
on January 16, 2005
My first set of knives were Walnut Chicago Cutlery which I enjoyed until I purchased 3 Henckel Knives, I never picked up the Chicago knives again. I recently purchased a Farberware 14-Piece Classic Forged Block set from Amazon.

The knives arrived very sharp; both the knives and the block are finished very well. The knives are perfectly balanced and the well finished handles are smooth yet provide a firm grip. I am very happy with these knives and have since tossed the Chicago set and the 3 Henckel are now my back-up knives.
on January 28, 2017
Great Thanks!
on July 4, 2006
I was very pleased to find this set of knives at such an affordable price. I was even more pleased at the quality of the set. I knew, with the Farberware name on it, I would be satisfied but I got more than I expected.

The knives are sturdily made with a nice sharp edge and a comfortable grip. The block they come with sets up nicely too. I was especially happy with the serated edge on the steak knives.
on March 15, 2016
An OK product. Knifes get dull pretty quickly.
on January 1, 2005
1-05: I was pleasantly surprised when I got them as to the quality of fit and finish, but didn't know about the edge-holding and cutting ability. Well, it's now been about one year and I can report that this set is worthy of Five Stars. No rusting, holds an edge well and they are still sharp. Of course I occasionally hone with a stone and use the steel often but they have far exceeded my expectations. No prestigeous name, but just an excellent everyday forged steel set of knives.

3-24-06 Update: I was shocked to have the knife edge get large dings/dents when I was trying to chop a large beef bone on a roast. My large chef knife is not usable. Totally bizarre. I'd have to knock it down to 3 stars and give a warning not to totally abuse the knives, they are not as bombproof as I originally thought. Treat them with respect and they should give you long, good service...
on March 2, 2005
This set is fantastic! I use the chef's knife almost everyday for the past month and it is even better than the Henckle Twin Grip che's knife I have been using for a while. As another reviewer noted that the steak knives left something to be desired, but I don't use them a whole lot, and they serve the purpose when needed.

Overall, very happy with the purchase!
on July 27, 2005
I'm sorry to be the guy who places the seed of doubt in your mind. Perhaps i got a lemon, but this set of knives is one of the worst purchases i've made in several years. It's $29.99 for a reason. I can't complain about the knives being dull since they're so cheap, so i won't. But i can complain about the fact that they rusted within 2 weeks of owning them. Not to mention that I don't have a dishwasher so i hand washed them. To be fair, the serated knives are all pretty good as far as sharpness is concerned but they rusted like all the rest. I'm not sure if I got sent a different set than all of the reviewers who gave this 5 stars, but heed my warning--you get what you pay for. I swear I could make a better set of knives out of play-doh. Maybe farberware would give me another set if i harass them for a few weeks, but i think I'm better off cutting my losses (no pun intended) and buying a real set from Henckels.
on November 7, 2005
All of the knives are super dull! The serrated edge knives stink! Of course you can sharpen the others easily, but forget it....the bread knife tears bread better, and the steak knives feel more like steak saws....bear down! And invest in thick plates!