Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

Farberware Classic 17-Piece Tool and Gadget Set
Style Name: Classic 17-Piece Set|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on August 28, 2015
DONT BUY.. it melted while stirring eggs. I had melted plastic and eggs for breakfast.

it is really dangerous​.
review image
11 comment| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 29, 2016
We are a young couple just starting out and on a budget. This was listed as one of the cheapest little kitchen tool gadget sets and we thought "Oh boy! Makes stocking up on house stuff a breeze." WRONG. Both of the spatulas and spoons melted within the first use at temps around 200 degrees Fahrenheit. The scrapers have fallen off of the sticks. I broke one of the scoops trying to measure out sugar. Oh, and the painted numbers washed off on the cups and spoons after the first wash. The can opener opens cans and the pizza cutter cuts pizza, can't speak for the potato peeler as of yet. Don't waste your money on this set, you're going to end up spending more replacing everything then just buying a higher priced set. Might upload photos if I remember.
on May 31, 2016
I wish I read the reviews before making the purchase. Didn't because it's an inexpensive product, and I'd never have thought that it'd be as bad as it is. My biggest gripe are with the spatula and vegetable peeler. The other tools are mostly okay.

The spatula's design is horrid. The business end of it is too long, and at an awkward angle. Using it is awkward with a normal pan, and completely horrid with an egg pan. It is beginning to deteriorate after using it to cook a mere 5 meals.

The pizza cutter is okay. Low quality, but works and hasn't broken yet.

I will never use the vegetable peeler. It looks too cheap to even try. Genuinely afraid of breaking it and hurting myself.

The serving spoons appear to be meant to serve salads. They are angled in such a way that I cannot imagine using them to serve pasta or soup. If that is okay, then these are perfectly fine. I had assumed they were ladles from the small picture--should've enlarged it.

The rest of the set (measuring cups / spoons, can opener, etc) are fine. Cheap, but fine.
on September 9, 2017
I rarely write reviews for Amazon products. I felt I had to write this one. These Farberware tools are not simply bad, they are dangerous. I fried some eggs in a non-stick pan. I had the Farberware Classic spatula. I may not have the best of non-stick pans. I had to use the spatula to scrape a bit under the eggs. I noticed an odd smell as I attempted to get the eggs onto my plate without breaking the yoke. The end of the spatula had melted. A thin roll of melted plastic hung from the tip. I switched to the other spatula with the same result. I inspected the eggs on my plate. The eggs had little grains of plastic strewn throughout. I saw the other reviews that said these tools melt. I thought it must have something to do with using them on too high of heat. My eggs had fried on medium heat. It melted these Farberware Classic tools. I am surprised Farberware can sell these. Saying a person can use these to cook is false advertising at very least, and simple fraud to be honest about it.
on November 15, 2016
Functionally most of these tools are okay, but both spatulas leave black threads of plastic in the pan when they are used. Apparently the heat causes the blade edge to melt, and it peels off. Just this morning I had to pull a big piece of plastic from a breakfast sandwich that I had made last night. I have attached a photo that exemplifies the problem. I am no longer going to use the spatulas.
review image
on May 14, 2017
For the most part these cooking tools are great. I have used them continuously for over 6 months now and they have held up well. After a couple of washes the measurement labels on the spoons and cups faded off, but that's not a big deal.

However, the exception to this is the two rubber spatulas included. They are terrible quality! They are thin, flimsy, and they melt! One of them actually melted to pieces while I was cooking - I found chunks of rubber in my food! I threw both of them out after that.

The set is still worth it for the price, but don't bother using the rubber spatulas!
on September 14, 2015
These things are HORRIBLE!!! If you actually cook on a daily basis, these will ruin your life. Runaway, and absolutely do not look back!!! For one reason: The angle on these things is crazy! In order to actually use the spatula, you'd have to dislocate your shoulder, and before you think, "Oh, this dude is probably just a shorty-mcshort short, I must tell you that I'm about 5'10. Not the tallest dude, but not the shortest either. I mean, sure it is above average height, but sometimes I wish were taller. But back to these god awful things. They wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the angle. They've got a sturdy weight to them, which would be nice, but I can't enjoy the weight, because my cooking arm is still in the sling from the last dislocation I received just trying to flip a fried egg. I'm actually losing weight because I can't cook any food. So if you're fat, I guess they'd be a good purchase, but if you're not, RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!
I wish I had read more of the reviews of this set. The can opener and vegetable peeler are worthless, had to purchase a new can opener right away. The other tools are only OK. I got this because all of my kitchen utensils were lost in the flood of Hurricane Harvey. I was trying to replace an entire kitchen's worth of tools in an expedient manner but the quality is not good and I will have to buy more spoons and spatulas anyway. Chalking this one up to a bad decision.
on October 4, 2016
The only thing worth anything in this set is the measuring cups/spoons and spatulas. Everything else is very cheap/flimsy. Bend when you try to stir anything other than water. DON'T even think you will open a single can with the opener and don't try to peel anything with the peeler. I understand the price is crazy low.....but I still would expect nothing but quality from Farberware. Not the case.
on January 11, 2014
I bought this set for $14.00. I had just bought my first home and had no kitchen utensils. My previous home had all kitchen supplies included with the rent. So I needed a basic set to cover my needs until I could afford a better collection. This set came packaged in a rectangular box. All of the items were new and appeared well-made directly from the factory. It comes with 17 pieces, and in order to truly review this product I think I need to review each piece separately.

Turner and Slotted Turner: I was actually pretty disappointed in these. They're made of a flexible plastic material. Black in color with a silver 'Farberware' logo on the handle. They do have a nice hole on the end of the handle so I can hang them on a hook next to the stove. With that being said, I no longer use them on the stove so they have no use being hung next to it. The first time I used both of these products they melted to the bottom of the pan and left my food uneatable with a big black plastic piece within it. I have an electric oven so the heat is directly on the bottom of the pan- this may have had something to do with it. But even so, every other kitchenware I've used is heat resistant enough to not melt on the bottom. These did, so now I only use them for cutting cakes and casseroles that have cooled down. They are tough and can easily carry the weight of heavier foods- but they're just not made to be used with hot surfaces.

Serving Spoon and Slotted Spoon: These are made of the same material as the turner and slotted turner. Have the same design. And they can be used in hot liquids as long as you don't scrape the bottom of the pan. They were well for stirring noodles, soups, and stews. On the other hand, they're kind of inconvenient because you need to be careful not to let them rest on the bottom. I don't really like that aspect of these spoons, and tend to use other ones in my kitchen now. They are tough enough to hold heavy weights of items- but they're not really made for cooking with (mainly for serving).

Vegetable Peeler: I have two other vegetable peelers which are CUTCO brand. This one is pretty cheaply made and doesn't work nearly as well as my other brand. It would be good for a starter kitchen- for someone who just needed to use a peeler once or twice a week. But I use mine quite frequently and this just doesn't have the sharpened power to peel that often.

Pizza Cutter: This pizza cutter is pretty small, but actually works really well. It cuts through any pizza that I've made over the last four months. It easily 'rolls' across. It's pretty easy to clean (the plastic material wipe clean fairly efficiently). It's small size might turn some people off- but don't be too quick to judge. It does the job well.

Can Opener: I was actually really surprised by this product. Compared to the others it works exceptionally well. It's done a great job of opening cans almost daily for the past 4 months. Hasn't dulled out or broken. Works great and gets the cans completely open with one turn around the edge.

Spatulas: The spatulas are another thing I was impressed with. They're actually very well made. They have a stiff plastic handle that gives you control, but also a thick rubbery 'spatula part' that allows you to curve into almost any shape of bowl. The rubbery head is thick enough to not 'overly bend', it just gives you a nice shape in corners. Yet it's strong enough to push things without turning other directions. It's actually better quality than other spatulas I own. They also come with holes on the end of the handles so you can hang them up. Always like that feature.

Measuring Cups: This set comes with your four basic cups. 1 cup, 1/2 cup, 1/3 cup, and 1/4 cup. If you live in the US these are probably all the measurements you'll ever need. They all come connected to a removable ring. I like the ring because I can hang it on a hook and keep the cups easily accessible. They're a semi-hard plastic which is easy to clean- but also easy to bend and sometimes break. I broke the handle off of my 1 cup scooping out brown sugar. But- for the price I paid I didn't expect stainless steel quality.

Measuring Spoons: Once again these come in your four basic US sizes. 1 tablespoon, 1 teaspoon, 1/2 teaspoon, 1/4 teaspoon. They are also all connected to a removable ring and made of a semi-hard plastic. I haven't had problems with these breaking or bending too much like I did with the cups- but that's probably because they aren't prone to carrying as much weight as the cups do. These will probably last much longer than the cups.

Overall this set is average. It has a few quality pieces and a few not-so-great ones. The black plastic looks very professional and fits nicely into almost any kitchen décor. All the pieces are easy to clean. For the $14.00 I paid for them I'd say it was worth it, but had I had a more lenient budget I would have opted for a better more-durable brand.