Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on February 16, 2007
Yes powerful, but:

-power buttons only work when pushed and *held* on; once released, blade stops (and they do need a rather hard push)

-since it's a bit heavy, it's hard to hold and press those buttons at the same time

-chopping container indicates level of contents it can hold; not very much...

Because of the above, it's not used as intended...which translates to not very often.

Look at some other models to compare the weight, etc. If you can't find one that has better properties for the price, my recommendation would be to spend the extra money for one that does.
2 people found this helpful
on May 31, 2006
We recieved this for a wedding gift and love it! It comes with the stick blender, tall measuring cup, and mini food processor attachment, and a plate to attach it to the wall. The stick blender is excellent for making smoothies. We load up the ingredients into the measuring cup, stick the blender in, and have two perfect smoothies in about 45 seconds, without the mess of using a regular blender. This out performs our smoothie maker on small jobs like this. We also like it for pureeing tomatoes for a quick homemade salsa. It is very easy to clean, just rinse the attatchment (it pops off from the motor). I have also used the mini chopper to make small quantities of pesto and gremolata. This works much better than other mini choppers that I have owned. The only thing that I didn't care for in this package was the wall attachment. It only holds to blender stick and motor, leaving you to store all the other parts some place else. I just keep the whole assembly in a box so that I don't lose any parts. This product is a very good value and reasonably priced.
11 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on September 13, 2015
I purchased this stick blender with mini-chopper when it first came out in the early 2000's. It has been used nearly every week in our household since then, mostly the mini-chopper, until last week when after 10+ years, the gear box in the mini-chopper gave out. Farberware does not make replacement parts for this product and short of buying a whole new hand blender set, I'm now out the mini-chopper. The stick blender continues to work like a charm.

Pros: Easy to clean*, easy to store. Over 10 years of near-weekly use.

Cons: *I cook with a lot of curry and turmeric and the white plastic of the stick blender has permanently taken on a yellow color. This doesn't matter to me, but it might to someone else.
on September 15, 2008
I was given one of these blenders and have been REALLY unimpressed. The "stick" attachment won't stay in the handle part, so I have to hold it there to use it (like a previous reviewer pointed out... you have to hold down the power button, so that means I need two hands to operate the blender). The "mini chopper," like a previous reviewer pointed out, doesn't hold much at all and I haven't found it very effective - I have to keep opening it up and shifting around the contents to get consistent chopping or mixing. I've had the darn thing for 3 years and I'm finally upgrading - I'm just sorry I ever owned the thing in the first place!
on January 22, 2014
I have been writing to Farberware to get a replacement of the blade attachment. It stopped rotating. I did nothing wrong. I only used it for smoothies because it is not suitable for food items like hummus or pate. Too shallow.

Farberware is not interested in replying to me after three emails in about a year. The motor still works
|11 comment|Report abuse
on October 22, 2007
I purchased a Farberware Stick Blender from Amazon. I had one before and just loved it. It comes with a chopper attachment, too. My purchase did not work (the stick part) so I returned it. Amazon promptly sent me another, per my request. I used it as a chopper to make soup, which was fine. But then, when I used it to MIX the soup, the stick blender jammed. Now I must make ANOTHER return. I am not happy. The same thing was wrong with both.
on December 16, 2007
I love my Farberware stick blender. I have had it for over a year. I mainly use it to blend soups and it works wonderfully! The price is good and I have had no problems with it.