Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 32 reviews
on January 17, 2002
I purchased this griddle in spite of the warning that it wasn't suitable for solid plate or ceramic stovetops because my ceramic stovetop has a special "bridge" burner - that is, a section of the stove between two burners that heats up, connecting the two burners into one large, oblong burner. I called Farberware to make sure it was okay to use their griddle on this type of burner, and they said it was fine. I just used the griddle for the first time and it worked beautifully. This griddle also claims to also be suitable for gas, radiant ring (standard electric) and halogen stovetops. It is a heavy-duty, well-crafted, attractive piece of cookware that is also easy to clean (the wrapper says it's dishwasher safe, though I prefer to hand-wash it).
on June 23, 2002
One of the things that's important is the dimensions of these things to make sure they'll fit on your stove, so here goes:

The actual griddle part is 18 inches by 10 inches with a tapered edge so the usable cooking area is 17.5 inches by 9.5 inches. The handles stick out 2 inches each, so the length of the griddle with the handles is 22 inches.

Anyway, I gave it a 4 because I've used it about 10 times now and managed to get a small nick in the teflon--I'd prefer if it was a bit tougher. Other than that, it works great.
on February 8, 2004
I bought this grill as the Nordic-ware one that I bought somewere else was only good for one time, then it didnt clean good,seemed to rust and it also costs alot more then this one...
This Double Grill works great every time..The only problem that I find is, That it slides around on the top of the stove while I'm turning over my pancakes..
I have a gas stove, with the Heavy grates, don't understand why this happens, I think its too smooth on the bottom?...
It cleans up very easy, and my pancakes cook evenly.
The only reason that I gave it a 4 stars , is because it slides around on the stove while cooking...The handles get hot so you have to use a pot holder (or dish towel) and I think its going to get into the flame, so be careful...
Enjoy though...
VINE VOICEon January 9, 2007
I just received this griddle today and am SO disappointed to find on the small print on the box (and NOT in Amazon's description!) that this griddle can NOT be used on ceramic top stoves. It's a beautiful piece of cookware, heavyweight and with grease pour spouts at the edges. Exactly what I wanted, but very unfortunate that Amazon doesn't tell you that it won't work with some stoves. The warning on the box actually says that using this griddle on a ceramic stove can break the ceramic top. Probably would have given it 5 stars if I could have used it!
on May 2, 2003
I bought this griddle to use on a flat-top cooktop. At it happens, the bottom is not perfectly flat, so heating will be non-uniform - the parts that touch the stove will be hotter than those that dont.
Note that these comments are valid only for a flat-top, your mileage may vary.
Also, the handles are riveted on, but the workmanship is, well, so-so.
Regretfully, I will be returning this griddle.
on December 27, 2003
We've used one of these, in the kitchen, for about three years... it's GREAT! It is thick enough that it does not twist and warp, and heats quite evenly. The only reason I did not give it a perfect store, is due to the fact that the handles heat up, and one needs to use mitts to move it.
P.S.- I'm buying another, now, as the stove has two sides.
on March 15, 2006
Cooks, cleans up and stores well. Had to burn some pancakes until we got the burners adjusted to the correct settings. Our burners are 2 sizes so we had to experiment with the settings to get even temp. The larger burner had to be set lower.
on December 24, 2006
Many of you reading these reviews may be wondering how this compares to similar items made of cast iron. I can tell you that, while it obviously isn't cast iron and for that reason alone many will say it is inferior, it is still an excellent griddle.

The bottom is very heavy and it conducts heat well. It fits perfectly over 2 burners on one side of my gas stove. I've cooked several sandwiches at once on it as well as pancakes and some eggs, and the heat seems to distribute very evenly. I was very impressed with this aspect of the griddle, as cast iron is known for its even heating and I was wondering how an aluminum griddle would hold up; it definitely does a fine job.

The bonus, of course, is the nonstick surface, and it's a good one, not some chintzy teflon coating. Good quality construction. The handles are solid and it doesn't feel cheap at all when you hold it. Take care of this griddle (make sure it doesn't get scratched) and it will take care of you.
on November 24, 2003
Heats very evenly, doesn't burn food, food doesn't stick (we made pancakes on this griddle without any oil or butter!) and clean-up is a breeze! Definetely a winner!
on January 6, 2004
Works great, looks like it will last a long time. One reason I bought it is that the bottom has a ceramic coating, not anodized, and it is therefore dishwasher safe. However, unless you can put it in your dishwasher diagonally, it won't quite fit. The handles stick out just a little too far for my Bosch dishwasher.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.