Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now Start your Baby Registry

Farkle
Package Quantity: 1|Change

on February 18, 2017
I got what I paid for except the instructions in the box were printed in Spanish on both sides! What am I supposed to do with those and how do I get English instructions???
review image
23 people found this helpful
on February 22, 2018
It's Farkle - so not reviewing the game, which is another game in the Yahtzee family. Relatively dry and boring, but sometimes you need those for people not into games, or just not in the mood to think.

This review is on the production. The box could be slightly smaller, but not bad. The box material is that thinner cardboard that won't support other games on top of it. The dice are pretty cheap - not chunky by any stretch. The dice cup is fine, about what you'd hope for and expect. The scorepad is fine. A very barebones but efficient production of Farkle.
2 people found this helpful
on November 5, 2015
A friend introduced me to Farkle a few months ago on a weekend getaway, and I loved it so much that I had to order my own as soon as I returned. Farkle is an incredibly simple, incredibly portable, and incredibly addicting game. Like with Yahtzee, it's primarily a game of chance -- you are rolling dice, after all -- but skilled risk assessment definitely will up your chances of winning. It's a great game to play with groups of mixed age, as nobody really needs to learn any rules in advance (you can assess your situation after each roll), and you can advise other players when they need assistance. My 3 1/2 year old really enjoys playing with his dad and me -- we help him see his options, and then he gets to make the call whether to roll again or stop.

While I think the game itself is perfect, I took off a star because I think the score sheet is not all that user-friendly (it would be nice to have a column where you write each round's score, and then a column next to it for the running total), and because...well, you really don't NEED a Farkle game to play Farkle. As long as you know the points values for different rolls -- which you can memorize in five minutes, and almost certainly find online -- all you actually need to play the game is six dice, a pen and some paper.

All the same, the price is reasonable for a game, and the convenient storage is nice, so I have no regrets about buying Farkle instead of just investing in six dice.
6 people found this helpful
on January 10, 2018
I buy a family game every year and Farkle was this year's choice. What a fun game for the whole family! It's a stress-free game, without any timers or buzzers going off. No pressure, no artistic ability required, no knowledge of world events or trivia, and a relatively quick game for the children with short attention spans - the perfect game for our family! It's easy enough for the younger kids to learn and it keeps the older kids and parents entertained, too.
3 people found this helpful
on December 5, 2017
Oh Farkle...this is probably my favorite game. I've heard tales that it was a pirate game long ago. I've heard that it was played by royalty and knighted men. I've heard that it was played during the Revolutionary war, but really no-one knows for sure. As mysterious as its origins are, the game is a blast and I wouldn't doubt it has been played in some form or another for centuries. Farkle can be as fun as yatze or any other dice game if you simply like to take your easy points and go your way. You might even win, but Farkle is a gambling man's game if I've ever seen one. You are heavily rewarded for taking risks and taking the option to continue to roll. You may farkle (lose your turn), but if you don't, you can see the points come rolling in! Take a chance, a gamble if you will, on this game and buy it. It's good for all ages and is just fun for even a quick game among as many as want to play it.
on December 27, 2017
This game is so much fun, and very easy to learn. It's more luck than skill, but we have a house rule where if a player chooses to stop and accept their score (so as to not risk a farkle), the next player can choose to pick up the remaining die and gamble for themselves and keep the score. It adds an extra risk to the game. Great for quality time when you don't want to think too much, or for a drinking game.
2 people found this helpful
on November 26, 2017
Farkle is a fun game. I learned it this summer with a group of friends and just had to buy it for my family. While you could really just buy some dice, a cup, and scoreless separately, this game is fairly cheap and has everything you need for an evening of fun. I like that, while there is a huge element of luck involved, you still have to make some key decisons that will help you to either win or lose the game. Just be warned that many people have established their own house rules for this game, so its important that you are on the same page when it comes to scoring. I tried to teach the game to my family using the printed instructions, but some family members insisted that we play it the way that they learned it. No big deal. Otherwise, I am happy with the game, and i think you will be too.
on August 6, 2015
I wish I could give it a 10 stars! My mother first introduced me to this game it is absolutely the best game to play for families. I am a huge game player and I love the traditionals. Monopoly and such but Farley is GREAT! I WOULD recommend to anyone. I have one for home and one for travel!
6 people found this helpful
on January 31, 2018
Had to get this for my sister. We play it all the time at my house and she tried to steal it from me......We play for a buck a game, players that aren't to 5,000 before someone goes out....they pay double (skunked), ALSO, if anyone rolls a 'Farkle', they have to put a nickel in the pot. Winner takes all. Makes it a little more interesting. This is a drinkin'-not-thinkin' game. Love it
on January 1, 2018
OMG we had a blast playing this game on New Year's Eve 2017. It was a lot of fun. Seen a commercial on TV so thought it would a good one to play and it sure is. Easy to play and our 10yr old granddaughter also had a blast playing. She wasn't sure about it at first but after she started, she loves it. It will definitely get some use in our house.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.