Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 21 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 25 reviews
on November 28, 2010
We gave this game to my daughter for her 8 year old birthday. At first, she was very frustrated with it because she thought all it had was the "chicken game". I was surprised by her comment, so I sat down to play the game with her. The chicken game is just at the very beginning where you start off with a couple of chickens and then they lay eggs and you have to then sell the eggs. There are time limits and as you progress the games get harder and you get to do more things than just sells eggs. You make/sell baked goods and then games with other animals are introduced. The introduction of a new animal is always exciting. We are now up to cows. First chickens, then pigs and now cows. As my husband and I played the game, it became very addictive to us. It is now my daughter's favorite game. I highly recommend this game. There may be instructions that came with the game, if so, then it might be useful to read them! Instructions probably would have eliminated her earlier frustration to the game. If I had to do it over again, I would have sat down with her to play it from the beginning.
on July 30, 2012
As a lover of FarmVille, I thought this game would be similar. Couldn't be further from it. The ENTIRE GAME consists of you tapping on things...tap on an egg to pick it up, tap on the building for eggs to turn it into something, then tap on the product and then tap on another building, repeat. There are only five animals...and two are a cat and dog which don't product anything. The cat helps you pick up your stuff, which takes away half of your tapping. The dog is supposed to scare away bears that fall from the sky and kill your animals (?!?!) but he's not very good at it. All the upgrades you put into each little level don't carry over, so in EVERY LEVEL you have to fight to upgrade your buildings to finish...finish your tapping.

This game is hard...I am a very experienced lifelong Nintendo player and I honestly can't get the "gold" or whatever in over half these levels because I cannot figure out how to earn enough money to upgrade quickly.

For example...you start with six chickens, but have to end up with a feathered hat as your end product. So, here's how that goes...sell some chickens and harvest some eggs, turn them into products, try to get enough money to buy a pig (and then cow) and collect all their stuff, upgrade their building, on and on until you can afford an ostrich, etc etc. There are so many steps in this game, which consists of NOTHING BUT TAPPING...I've left out about thirty steps in the process to get a feathered hat. Or whatever it is.

The graphics are poor. You don't get to build anything on your farm...everything just pops up automatically and everything looks the same. No variety, NO FUN, and DEFINITELY not a game for children. Or adults. Anyone.
on May 3, 2013
I like to play really basic strategy games on my DS between classes so my brain doesn't have to work to hard. The game doesn't give a lot of guidance or explanations you basically have to figure things out on your own so I wouldn't recommend it for a younger child but definitely teen and maybe preteen would understand and have fun.

Before I bought this I read other reviews about people being stuck at one part and not understanding what to do... I didn't understand this. It is an easy game to follow, feed the chickens, collect eggs, turn eggs into other things, then turn those things into other things. It is basically a ripple effect of items and you have to learn to manage your time well.

I think this game overall is really fun (no I haven't finished it yet) and when you finish a level you get a medal for your time and you can always go back and try to beat your time which is challenging yourself. It isn't the type of game that gets repetitive or ends quickly.
on February 23, 2012
I love all time management games, but it took me awhile to try this one out. I wasn't sure managing a farm would be like time management, but it ended up being lots of fun - and challenging. There were certain levels that I had to attempt more than once to beat them. I loved the added elements of needing to order in supplies and sell products during gameplay. The only downside is that I think I beat it, but I don't know for sure...Nothing happened when I completed what I thought was the last level. Totally worth the money and time!
on February 24, 2012
As others have said, I'm stuck on the chicken farm -- level 1. I thought I'd give it a try and see if I could figure it out. NO INSTRUCTIONS with this game at all! I'll go online and see if other players have posted hints, but I'm ready to toss it out at this point.

I am an adult, and have played a LOT of games of this type. Just too frustrating to have a game that could be fun lock you into level 1 with no instructions or hints.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2017
This game was pretty entertaining!
on May 1, 2014
My kids wanted this because their grandparents had a farm, so they were very into that. This was interesting for them for about 10 minutes. I don't even think they played it after they first got it. I don't recommend.
on October 31, 2012
The product came in before it time. It was what I wanted for a gift for someone. I would buy another game from this buyer because he is very promt on getting the product to you.
on January 16, 2016
Daughter really enjoyed this game!
on October 26, 2015
My son has enjoy this game.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.