Industrial Deals Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Farscape Season 3, Vol. 6
Format: DVD|Change

on October 28, 2016
This stands alone as a great action packed sci-fi adventure of epic scale for those new to the series. That it concludes the series makes it even better. I feel that most loose ends were tied up nicely. As someone who only recently binge watched the entire series for the first time I can not understand the negative reviews for Peacekeeper Wars, it was a pretty seamless transition and only a few subtle clues such as stars aging made it apparent it took years to finish. It was very entertaining on its own right and the cgi was as always superb. Some of the makeup did flag and wasnt up to previous Henson standards but still better than most out there now. It really is a fantastic series, that starts off slowly but like all other great scifi series ends on a bang. The product itself was good, came in clear, no problems of quality.

we wont see such a series again, no corporation will allow artists and writers the years to develop such costly quality programming nowadays, its all packaged in small episodic 'seasons' and out the door if veiwer count drops an inch.
on January 28, 2015
It has been almost 10 years since I bought all of the Farscape Collection DVDs and I still love them. It's a show that I accidentally came across reruns of on TV when I was in High School. I kept watching the episode and laughing about how cheesy it was and by the end...I found myself hooked. That's how it starts with sci fi shows ha ha. I am particularly fond of these "Collection" DVDs rather than the season DVDs. At the time the full season DVDs were not available and I worried that I was going to end up spending more money in the end but I was wrong. It turns out I didn't lose out on anything and I am so glad to have them now. Each collection has it's own picture of the Leviathan on the side that is only a full picture when each DVD case is put next to the other. With collections of all the seasons I have beautiful artwork to display on my DVD shelf. I highly recommend this show to sci fi lovers and these "collection" DVDs as well if they stick around. Each and every collection comes with extras so rather than just one "extras" DVD per season, you get 3! Pretty awesome deal. :)
on February 24, 2007
It's gets a 4 ONLY because the case it comes in is so bad, otherwise it's a 5.

You already know Farscape if you have made it to season 4, it's great and original. Albeit Season 4 is the weakest season of them all, so I'm going to tell you about the product and not the show.

ADV as many know totally screwed up the first 6 releases of Season 1 and 2 with there double sided problematic disc. So they fixed it with Season 3 and Season 4, but could ADV have picked a worst case design? I have yet to get a case were the tabs that hold the disc in weren't broken on at least one of the disc if not more. Everyone (case) a received came with loose disc and broken tabs, everyone! The overlapping disc make it difficult to get them in and out and while they seem to fall off the tab holders fairly easily they at the same time seem really hard to get out once they are secured by the tabs. I thought more than once I was going to break a disc getting them out.

Farscape is a 5 without doubt, season 4 extras are a little less but that's not a big deal to me. I just wish ADV the company that released the Starburst edition had a little quality control. Granted the Starbust is for the most part, affordable and packed with extras, but that doesn't give you a pass on quality. As I understand it, as of this writing Sony has aquired the rights to Farscape and ADV will not be releasing anymore sets. Perhaps Sony will re-release them in a quality set that is problem free.
on January 6, 2011
With 3 editions of the series out on DVD, the ADV version, Starburst and the Big Boxed set the Starburst edition is still my favorite I think and yes I have all three :). The "cool farscape facts" and other little extra's make me like it more then the others. All three editions have pretty much the same commentaries and the like but I like the extra little bits the Starburst editions gave. The only problem I had with the starburst editions is that some of the early runs of the disk sets were double sided disks which gave my dvd player fits and caused me some headaches as I had to flip the disks. (Note that by double sided I mean there was stuff on both sides of the disks and after watching one side you flipped the disk over and watched the other side. If you can you may want to make sure you are getting a set with four disks with material only on one side as these played better.)

Anyways the tv series was one of my favorites and I still bust out the DVDs and watch them. I really miss the tv series. There are also a couple books and there is a comic book series running but nothing can replace the tv series in my opinion.
on January 3, 2007
Better late than never, I guess. When the show first aired on the Sci-Fi Channel, I seemed to always catch it at bad time. I was on the way out, company showed up, the dog got out, etc. Coupled wth the incessant commercial breaks on the afore-mentioned channel, it spelled disaster for my attention span. I'd start to go along for the ride, but lose interest between commercial breaks that ran on and on. Plus, as I recall there was a glut of Star Trek, Star Wars, Stargates, etc. at the time, and I was a bit cynical and burned out on sci-fi in general. I didn't pay enough attention, and didn't give it a chance. In short, I blew it!!!

Fortunately, I recently had an opportunity to sit down with disk one in this series and within five minutes of viewing the pilot episode, I was hooked. It's sci-fi adventure at it's very best. Mind-boggling, eye-candy special effects, wonderful and exotic characters, and something we don't get enough of in science fiction anymore-excellent acting and quirky, original story-writing! This seres was produced in Australia by Australians, and it's obvous they enjoyed the creative freedom to cut loose.

I ultimately collected the entire series, and watch the episodes over and over. Every time, without fail, they seem fresher and more original than anything on the tube right now. I can't recommend the series enough.
on December 16, 2013
This movie picks up where the series left off abruptly and finishes the story. Having recently watched the series again i was glad that syfy had made this to give fans closure. I am trying not to provide any spoilers but suffice to say it is fairly satisfying. There were times i felt they were reaching, killing time with subplots that did not necessarily move the story forward - hence the lack of one star. Nonetheless if you have watched the series and need an ending I recommend this movie as it does give satisfaction and an ending.
on June 21, 2012
When this magnificent television series abruptly ended, it left a big hole in "character resolve", not to mention plot resolution. Fans bombarded the producers with letters begging for one last episode. Therefore, this movie.

Usually, I do not like the "specials" that go with a film -- it sort of breaks the magic. But in this case, after following the series to its resolve in this film, it adds to the magic. It is fun to see what the characters look like without their make-up, and strange enough, how their true personalities somewhat mirror their screen characters.

This film completes your collection. Buy it. You will not be disappointed.
on October 29, 2016
One of the best scifi shows ever on tv. So good I bought the series on DVD.

Made in Oz but centers on American pilot. Very creative and well written. Actors are excellent. Once you start, you will be hooked and probably binge watch. You have to watch the final movies to get the entire story.
on November 29, 2007
I love Farscape. Even episodes I don't like, I still love because the show at its worst was still better than anything else I've found on television before or since.

This collection from Season 2 begins with arguably the best stand alone episode of the series. Out of Their Minds takes the conventional scifi tactic of having characters switch bodies and blows it out of the water. The entire crew switches bodies not once, but twice. As the episode progresses the audience is treated to some of the best acting of the series as the actors embody each other to perfection.

The Look At The Princess trilogy is the first three episode arc Farscape has attempted and the first of two this season. While not the strongest trilogy of the series, plot lines are advanced, characters evolve and in typical Farscape fashion the suspense, thrills and stakes are extreme.

In My Three Crichtons, Ben Browder gets to stretch his considerable acting muscles and play not one, but three different incarnations of John. That alone makes this episode worth watching. Throw in a very thought provoking ending and the episode is worth it.

Beware of Dog is an episode I love not for the main plot so much as the character development that effortlessly occurs with it. John and Aeryn's love story-which got a major boost in the LatP trilogy-gets a further nudge here. John's descent into madness as a result of the neurochip Scorpius implanted in his brain continues at breakneck speed.

Lastly, Won't Get Fooled Again takes us back to Earth, only something is very, very wrong. This time around, John immediately realizes he's not really on Earth. Familiar faces show up playing very different roles. The Scorpius Clone offers him advice and encouragement, letting him know what's really going on. The episode is darkly hysterical, with an emphasis on the hysteria.

All in all, this collection offers some of the strongest episodes of the season (and series) along with a few episodes I consider weaker. But as I said, any Farscape is amazing and every episode keeps me glued to the screen-even for the fifth or sixth viewing.
on March 1, 2018
This DVD brings more information on the Babylon series before and after adventures. Great entertainment for the whole family. Great price and quick delivery.