- Snap closure
- FOLLOW OUR SIZE GUIDE: Here at UT Kilts, we want you to choose the best-fitting kilt possible. Do not guess your size or order your jean size. Using a cloth measuring tape, measure around your waist where you think your kilt will sit. Order the size you measure. If you are in between sizes, we recommend going up a size. Your kilt will typically be around 2 sizes bigger than your jean size.
- CHOOSE FROM 9 COLORS: Our 23-inch length deluxe utility kilt is available in 9 colors: white, dark brown, camo, olive green, dark khaki, red blackout, blackout, dark gray, and dark blue. We also carry sizes 30 through 50. Whether you need a costume for Halloween, are honoring Scotland, or simply want to try wearing something new, this kilt is a great clothing addition.
- POCKETS & SNAPS FOR ACTIVE MEN: This deluxe kilt is made with quality poly-cotton material featuring pockets and brass studs. Anyone can enjoy the rugged design of our modern kilt uniform. Our Deluxe kilt has 4 huge cargo pockets and metal snap buttons to make sure you have a comfortable fit. The studded front apron on this kilt gives it a unique look that will turn heads no matter where you are. The deluxe kilt also has an extra set of snaps so it can adjust in fit.
- QUALITY KILT, LOW PRICE: Don't let anyone tell you that great quality can't come with a low price on a utility kilt. UT Kilts Deluxe Utility Modern Kilt gives you amazing quality plus a lifetime warranty on all the metal hardware! You won't find a good kilt for this cheap anywhere else. It’s a great investment for your Scottish clothes and accessories collection. This kilt is simply perfect for teen boys and men looking for a unique outfit.
- UT KILTS: Each one of our utility kilts for sale has been designed with the active kilt wearer in mind. All our kilts are the highest quality. Whether you purchase the Standard, Deluxe, Wild, or Ultimate style, you can be sure it will last. Each kilt uses high-quality materials. You can have peace of mind knowing that a kilt from UT Kilts is built to go through whatever life can throw at it.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Need more than just a basic utility kilt? This Deluxe Utility Kilt will definitely satisfy your needs. It is a step up from our Standard Utility Kilt and has a few more features. The bigger side pockets allow you to hold more than just the basics. There are also two back pockets for extra storage and easy access. The studded front apron on this utility kilt gives it a unique look that will turn heads no matter where you are. We have kept the side buckles on this kilt to allow a little adjustment in the hip area. It is made from a highly durable poly-cotton blend material that can handle just about any situation you might find yourself in. All our kilts are heavy-duty and will look great for any occasion. Whether you wear one of our kilts casually or pair it with a sporran and belt, you’re sure to stand out. Here at UT Kilts, we want you to choose the best-fitting kilt
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 23.5 x 13 x 0.5 inches; 2.45 Pounds
- Item model number : DLX BLK 30
- Department : Mens
- Date First Available : May 9, 2013
- ASIN : B00CPRPU2O
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I ordered the "UT Kilts" Men's Deluxe Blackout Utility Kilt and also ordered a "Damn Near Kilt 'Em" (DNKE) Men's Sport Utility Kilt. Both kilts were in black. The UT Kilt has black snap buttons and the DNKE has satin brass snap buttons. They both have nice, deep pockets and sturdy belt loops. I'm 5'10" and both kilts were a very good length: The top of the kilts started at my lower rib area (above my naval) and went down to the top of my knees. Both kilts were priced exactly the same too. (At this time they both were priced at $79.00 USD each.) I comfortably wear a 36 in jeans and I measured a 40 for a kilt so I ordered that size in the UT Kilt & "M-L" in the DKNE Kilt. BOTH kilts fit me perfectly too. I LIKE the UT Kilt, it's made out of a very durable & heavy 100% cotton fabric, but, I REALLY LOVE the DNKE Kilt because it's fabric is so much softer to the touch and although it seems just as heavy & durable, it just drapes on you much better and sways a bit with you as you walk. The UT Kilt is very stiff, similar to a thick heavy canvas. I think washing it would only make it stiffer too. Possibly after many, many washings it might loosen up to sway & drape on you as a good Kilt should, I just wanted to wear a proper kilt right away, and have it behave & look as a proper kilt should look.
When I trusted my measurements, both kilts fit perfect. My UTKilt I order a 42 and it fit perfectly. I saw a review on DNKE suggesting ordering a size larger and my initial purchase was too large as a result. I ordered the lg/xl and after a painless return through amazon, then purchased a large which was intended for 41-42” waists. Get a cloth tape and trust the measurement around your navel!
Now onto the differences. The DNKE sport utility is a really sturdy fabric and when I’ve taken it hiking (see picture on waterfall) I really appreciate the durability of it as I foraged through briars and up a small rock face completely uninhibited by modern traditional bifurcated men’s lower wear. UTKilts fabric is thinner and more flexible, though it’s not a drawback to me. I recently wore my UTKilt on a short fishing trip and actually preferred it’s thinner fabric as I couldn’t feel the weight of it while it was worn. For casual environments I preferred the UTKilt whereas a more rugged environment finds me preferring the more robust fabric of the DNKE, though in practice I imagine from consistent wear of both, that either kilt would be an excellent choice for any activity.
I preferred the button closure of my UTKilt over the button closure on the DNKE, but DNKE included an extra package of replacement buttons in the left side pocket which was a really nice consideration. The flip side is I prefer the waist straps on the DNKE. I don’t have qualitative reasoning for these two differences apart from personal feel after two weeks of consistent kilt wearing.
The DNKE has little D rings below the belt loops and while I haven’t utilized them, I see great customizability due to their presence and find the look appealing. The UTKilt lacks these which gives it a different, almost formal, appearance. I personally enjoy the look of the D rings.
However, while near the belt loops, I prefer the UTKilts belt loop setup more. Both are absolutely serviceable and look good but the UTKilt has a second loop directly next to the loop on the edge of the apron and I find that it makes putting a belt on much easier (as though it were hard in the first place). It’s not a big deal either way, just something I noticed to be more pleasant to me.
The side pockets on the DNKE are nicer than the ones on the UTKilt due to the material thickness not letting all the extras in my pockets poke me and the layout of accessory storage on them feel more natural to me. My UTKilt has two back pockets as opposed to the single rear pocket on the DNKE, which I’ve found to be useful more than once although it wouldn’t be the deciding factor for me personally.
All in all they’re both amazing so if you have the funds, get one of each and you can decide which is better though I’d almost guarantee that you’ll love both. And lastly a note about my experience wearing kilts in public the last two weeks. By far the response has been overwhelmingly great. It shows off your masculine figure in a way that pants don’t and women that normally wouldn’t go out of their way to talk to me have been striking up conversations with me just to compliment it. The combination of supreme comfort and the steady flow of female appreciation has boosted my confidence so much, could it do the same for you? I’ve only dealt with a few snarky comments but typically after you ask them, “are you worried that your girl will see something she likes, or are you worried that you might?” They get squeamish and leave well enough alone. Get a kilt and enjoy your “freedom from pants prison” :)
***UPDATE*** Washed it on medium spin with two pairs of jeans for volume. Hung it over the shower door on top of a towel to dry. Dried quickly, looks good, no apparent shrinkage. I will definitely be getting another.