Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Fashion Designers A-Z(Hardback) - 2016 Edition Hardcover – 2016
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Fashion masterpieces: Defining designers of the 20th and 21st centuries and their most remarkable worksFrom Azzedine Alaia, Cristobal Balenciaga, and Coco Chanel to Alexander McQueen, Yves Saint Laurent, and Vivienne Westwood, a century s worth of fashion greats from the permanent collection of the Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City are celebrated in this fresh edition of Fashion Designers A Z.Formerly available as a limited Collector s Edition only, this accessibly priced and updated new edition features photographs of over 500 garments selected from the Museum s permanent collection. From an exquisitely embroidered velvet evening gown to Mondrian-style minimalist chic, each chosen piece is chosen not only for its beauty but for its representative value, distilling the unique philosophy and aesthetics of each of the featured designers.Texts by the museum s curators explain why each designer is important in fashion history and what is special about the chosen garments. In her introductory essay, director and chief curator Valerie Steele writes about the rise of the fashion museum, and the emergence of the fashion exhibition as a popular and controversial phenomenon. Together with a foreword by Suzy Menkes, Steele s writings also provide a history of the Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology in the world of fashion scholarship and museology.Text in English, French, and German"
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- The displayed works of the designers was not their best or even what they are famous for.
- There are multiple languages which is cool but also takes up a ton of space so there is SO much text it's daunting.
- There are hardly photos in here! I love information but please show me beautiful work too!
- It felt lacking in information despite having so much text which honestly was baffling.
- If you use this as a table book, don't leave it open. The inside isn't presented beautifully at all.
- It's a lovely size and weight for a table book.
- Well made, has an awesome plastic sleeve to protect the book.
- I do love the cover.
Unfortunately thats it!! :(
Sorry. I was extremely disappointed in this one.
I honestly wouldn't even keep this for a display book because the inside was horribly lacking.