Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 133 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 139 reviews
on January 13, 2011
I love the look of this sweater. I ordered two for my ShihTzus. I ordered one in pink and the other in blue. Unfortunatly, when it arrived I noticed it was a bit smallish.

I tried it on my ShihTzu/Pekingnese Darby and it was really just too small. I ordered a medium (16"). The label says it's a medium and fits 14"-16".

When I measured the actual garment, it was just under 12". If you like the look of this particular brand, order one size up because they run small.

I will reorder a large when the blue one arrives. This is the third item I have ordered from this maker (Fashion Pet) and each item measured significantly less than their garment tags.

Are they not measuring their own products. All you need is a tape measure to check the size before labeling. The shipping cost are terrible and I hate returning things because it costs me time, money, and gas.

Update 11/9/2012--

I ordered the larger sizes but I had to return them because the larger garments had the same issue. The length was just under 12" and the garment was made with a wider girth.

I no longer order Fashion Pet garments for this reason. Although their garments are super cut, and the fabric is excellent guality, I gave up after ordering 9 of their garments.
22 comments| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 18, 2009
I've never been one to dress up my two dachshunds (one long-haired black and tan 10 lbs and one red short-haired 15 lbs.) However, my long-haired baby came home from the vet with one on and she never wants to take it off. When we pull it out, she jumps into it. Okay, okay - I got it. We own sweater-dogs. FINE.

So, I ordered two sweaters originally - one for each of them. The extra-small for my 10 pounder and small for my 15 pounder. Did not work as I planned. The little one fit the small and I had to re-order a medium for my short-hair baby.

They fit great, they wash up great, the button detail on the front is adorable, as with the bone on the back. I recommend these sweaters - they are super cute and a good value!
33 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 8, 2011
I'm in love with this sweater. It is well made and feels like a real sweater. It fits well on my American Staffordshire terrier (~75 pounds) and I like how he looks in it. Very cute. The reason I gave it 4 stars is that the opening of the sweater where the collar is does not fit well around his neck. There is a little velcro button but that doesnt stay closed if he moves around.
Also, according to the measurements I should have gotten a large since the measurement from base of neck to tail was 20 inches...but I opted to get the extra- large just in case (since I did feel that since he was at the end of the large measurement I should just go ahead and get the bigger size). If you have a dog who measures close to the end of the scale I suggest you get the next size up.
Overall, very nice sweater that keeps my baby warm during his walks and around the house when it's cold.
review image
on October 29, 2010
I bought this sweater for my maltese puppy in a size small. We live in Chicago, and he is about to face his first winter, so I decided to get him a few sweaters and train him to wear them. He's a fussy fellow, and I was worried he wouldn't tolerate clothing. Fortunately, he loved this sweater immediately and didn't need any training. He loves wearing it, and doesn't fuss with it at all. The design is excellent so that the sweater doesn't get messed at all when he "goes," and the fabric seems to be of high quality (especially for the price.) There is a little decorative button that will last about 10 minutes before the dog chews it off, so you might want to just remove it to preempt choking. Other than that, it's flawless. He will probably wear it day and night this winter.

A halter will fit over or under the sweater, so its convenient to leave it on for a walk. It has a small slit on the top for a leash, too. The collar of the sweater is very nice because it can be folded down or popped up to protect against the wind, just like a human coat collar.

If you have any trouble putting it on your dog, just hold a treat through the neck of the sweater and your dog will follow the treat as you guide its head through.

Highly recommended! I'm going to buy a second one to have a backup.
on January 27, 2012
I can't believe this sweater is so cheap for how great it is. I got this sweater a bit ago since my Chi-Poo went from a 3 pound little guy to a 12 pound monster. I just wanted a replacement sweater for the one he outgrew so he could go potty outside. I wasn't looking for anything nice or fancy, just a cheap replacement.

Instead, I received a really great quality sweater that fits comfortably and looks adorable in pictures (yes, he wore it in our Christmas pictures). I've received many compliments on it as well (come on, that little bone is just so cute). The sweater is thick enough to keep your pup warm but not so thick that he's going to be too hot. Because of that, it's really easy to wash and clean and holds up great. The material is comfortable and stretchy enough so that my dog can wear it all day and lay down and sleep in it and he's perfectly happy. It also doesn't have that REALLY ANNOYING leg strap that most sweaters have. You just pull this over his head and tada - you're done! It doesn't ride up so you don't even need leg straps. My dog is 12 pounds and we got him the medium one and it fits great. This is the best article of doggy clothing we've purchased so far.
on August 20, 2013
People seem to be experiencing a lot of sizing issues with this product, so I thought I'd add my 2 coppers.

I read some of the reviews and decided that an extra large would fit my 40-lb dog. It fits her quite well; it is fitted, but not too snug, in the chest (she has a bit of that "barrel chest" that certain breeds have), and the end of the shirt sits about 2" from the dock of her tail.

The garment itself is solidly constructed.
on February 14, 2011
The 10-12" length I thought ought to fit my 13" long, but skinny chihuhua, this sweater however is barely 9" long, and the tummy is less than 5" of coverage, and little girl doggies can be warmer with tummy coverage without any issues. While the girth is fine on this (it fits her 13" ribcage well), the length doesn't cover much at all, which doesn't help this often cold little dog. I wish the measurements were actually posted here.

Size Small [10-12" length]
9" back
4.75" tummy
14" girth (unstretched)
10" neck (unstretched)

I would love to see the measurements for the medium? (supposedly 14-16" perhaps this might actually be 13" long?)

This is a cute sweater! with knit armholes and a placket front with velcro & button
on January 4, 2012
I was worried when I first ordered this after reading reviews about the sizes. Based on another person's review, I ordered the size Medium for my 15lb dachshund. We received this today and I could not be more pleased! It is a nice, good quality sweater. Very cute and it fits her absolutely perfectly! We immediately 'got dressed' and went outside to play! It is pretty cold outside right now and lately she has been doing her business and wanting to come right back inside. Not today! She was romping around, running all over and playing! Very willing to stay outside and play in her new warm sweater! Thank you to everyone for the reviews, as they really helped in making a decision.

Again, great quality, very cute, fits right and I couldn't have asked for better!

D. Burgoon & Susu the wiener dog
on January 19, 2012
I have two 2-year old 15 pounder lhasa apsos named Chap and Pixi. Pixi does not really like wearing clothes but since I groomed her too short this winter season (which proved to be not such a great idea), she shivers even when she is wearing a cotton dress. Hence my search for a sweater to keep her warmer. I acknowledge the help of others whose reviews had the dog weight and clothes size ordered. These helped me decide on what size to order for my Pixi girl :) I ordered medium sweaters for my little ones.

The sweaters (I ordered something for Chap too) came quickly. The medium sweater fitted her to a T! She initially was hesitant to wear it as she always does. But since she had it on, she seemed to be happy with it. She does not attempt to take it off, nor sulk in a corner as if protesting that she is wearing something (as she always does in the past! She seems warm enough that the shivering stopped. She looks pretty and warm in this pink sweater!

One thing I find that could be better is the velcro on the neckline of the sweater. It does not seem to stay closed as she moves around with the sweater. Maybe a button would have been a better idea. But a single stitch to secure that closure solved the problem. Even if I stitched it permanently, it still provides ease for taking it off and putting it back on her. Overall, it is a great buy.

Hope this review helps :)
on March 18, 2013
We bought this for our small puppy as he was growing. He is a very small cocker spaniel the size of a yorkie and while growing he was definitely as small as a chihuahua. However, when we go this, it was already too small. It only came down half his back. I suppose you can infer that by the picture, but the dog in the picture seems to be slouching so it is misleading. We expected it to be longer. The quality is good though and it is at a reasonable price.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.