Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on February 28, 2013
Fabulous book on history of fashion; highlights include Chanel, Christian Dior, YSL...

Well made and handy book set in chronological order. If you need just one history book on fashion, this one is it!
3 people found this helpful
on August 26, 2016
Always a head turner for my guests. They love it
|11 comment|Report abuse
on October 26, 2013
It's been nice packed and arrived safely like always. The book was actually wrapped with a airtight plastic cover to protect. Loving in shopping on Amazon.
on February 4, 2015
Excellent item, highly satisfied, prompt delivery
on January 7, 2015
Looks great on a coffee table! (Haven't actually read it yet)
on July 8, 2015
Great book. Highly recommended if you enjoy fashion.
on February 24, 2013
First and foremost I must comment on the size of this book; it's like a fashion bible! Seriously, this is the biggest book in my library to date and I don't think anything will come close to it, hold an encyclopedia. I couldn't wait to dive into this book, but I had another book I was working on at the time. I'm happy to say that I began this book yesterday evening and it is well worth the cost and rather informative. Although I'm only on the third chapter I feel like I've learned a good bit about designers from the beginning of fashion. Don't get me wrong, this text could never be as informative as individual books on all of the designers mentioned. However, this book does a remarkable job of taking over a century of fashion and addressing it with more than a simple line or two. Thus far, the book seems to be relatively unbaised and tries to present the truth (they even went so far as touse a quote from Vogue USA that slighted Chanel...how often do you see that done?).

All in all, this was money well spent and a great addition for anyone student, professional, or fashionista interested in fashion history (from the late 19th century into the 2000s), designs, or photography (the pictures are rather beautiful).
on December 12, 2011
This is an amazing fashion encyclopedia which traces the history of fashion design and couture over a century and half. The book is so heavy but very well bound, it's full of large high quality photos showing beautiful creations from every known label. The text is highly informative but also engaging and far from being dry or boring. I highly recommend this book for anyone who needs a comprehensive beautifully illustrated historical overview detailing the development and evolving world of fashion design.
9 people found this helpful
on January 6, 2014
I would have liked more detail and stuff, but that's not what this book is about. It's more about the general gist of designers.
on August 7, 2013
Great visual and text. I don't think I'll ever sell it or trade it for something else. Good background history and information for a couture lover.