|Item Weight||5.6 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||5.9 x 3.9 x 2.2 inches|
|Item model number||ACE-7702|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||1 Year|
FastMac ACE-7702 U-Socket Decorator Duplex Dual Outlet Dual USB, 110V, 15AMP TruePower, White
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Charge all your portable devices directly from the wall without using up your available outlets - no adapter required. Charge iPods, iPhones, iPads, Tablets, Mobile Phones, Smart Phones, Nintendo, Sony PlayStation, Bluetooth Headsets, Digital Cameras, Kindle, Nook, GPS and more
- Eliminate clutter- stay neat and organized. Get rid of ugly wall adapters that stick out and take up space
- Easy D-I-Y install into any electrical gang box that is 16 cubic inches or larger
- 5-star energy efficient design auto senses the correct wattage and only outputs full power if needed. Reduce energy costs by up to 20 dollar per year
- Designed and made in the USA, U-Socket is 100-percent safe & listed to multiple UL, NEC (National Electrical Code), and IEC (International Electrical Commission) standards
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Modernize your home and office. U-Socket is an AC receptacle with built-in USB ports that can power ANY device that is capable of being charged via USB, including iPods, iPhones and iPads. Designed to replace a traditional 3-prong AC wall outlet, U-Socket eliminates the clutter of AC Adapters that stick out and take up space. Enjoy the convenience of USB ports built right into the wall. In addition to keeping things neat and organized, U-Socket reduces your energy costs thanks to its 5-star energy efficient design that auto senses the required wattage and only outputs full power if something is connected to it. Designed and made in USA, U-Socket is 100-percent safe and listed to multiple UL, NEC and IEC (International Electrical Commission) standards.
From the Manufacturer
U-Socket is a duplex AC receptacle with built-in USB ports that can power any device that is capable of being charged via USB, including iPods, iPhones & iPads. Enjoy the convenience of USB ports built right into the wall. No need for a laptop or AC adapter - just plug in your cable and start charging.
Top Customer Reviews
It frees up your sockets but don't get the idea that it looks any neater than having a couple of fat chargers hanging limpet-like from the walls. I would install this somewhere out of sight: behind a desk, under a piece of furniture.
1) This outlet is quite a bit bigger than a regular outlet. The electronics to transform the voltage and the actual USB receptables are essentially bolted on to a regular outlet. This means that you need to be sure that your outlet box has plenty of space. I ended up having to buy a replacement gang box. This is more involved than simply replacing an outlet, so make sure you do your measurements and are prepared to do this work or get someone to do it for you
2) The power to each of the outlets is not independent. What I mean by that is that if you have two devices plugged in for charging, the power to each one is less than if just one is plugged in. This means that your devices will charge more slowly when two are plugged in vs. one. This is not an issue if you just need immediate power, but if you are trying to charge something as quickly as possible, make sure it's the only thing plugged in. Note that this does NOT mean that you won't be getting adequate voltage when two items are plugged in, just that they will charge more slowly.
Overall, I think this is a great addition to a modern household and I definitely recommend it. I gave it only four stars because of the complexity that can come with installation, but it functions flawlessly.
The Leviton model selling for around $19 does provide the correct higher voltage to the USB ports and is labeled as such.