|Item Weight||3 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||5.8 x 4.8 x 4.8 inches|
|Item model number||FMGD158-350|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||The GuardDog coating has been tested and approved for use in ACQ, Copper Azole PT, Cedar, and Redwood applications. This fastener is guaranteed to protect against rust for the life of the project.|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $8.99 shipping
FastenMaster FMGD158-350 GuardDog Exterior Wood Screw, Tan, 1-5/8-Inch, 350-Pack
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Manufactured in china
- Easy to use
- Highly durable
- Guaranteed for life of the project and ACQ approved
- Versatile Pozisquare drive virtually eliminates cam out
- Aggressive thread design increases holding power
- Sharp piercing point for quick and easy installation
- Free PoziSquare drive included in every box
Unlock 5% savings on this product when you subscribe to 5 or more products that arrive in the same month. Skip or cancel any time, and shipping is FREE. Learn more
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Guard DOG, 350 pack, 1-5/8 inch gold color, deck screws, matches pressure treated, pozisquare drive, #9 diameter fastener, exterior deck screw in a clear plastic bucket, free pozisquare DRIVER bit included. Coated for ACQ treated lumber, copper azole, cedar, & redwood.
From the Manufacturer
GuardDog is a multipurpose exterior wood fastener that is fully tested and guaranteed in treated wood such as Pressure Treated ACQ, Cedar, and Redwood. GuardDog is the perfect fastener for your wood decking job. The versatile head style can be installed with a PoziSquare Drive (included in every box), #2 square or Philips driver bit. Plus, GuardDog's sharp threads quickly engage and penetrate the lumber for quick and easy installation.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
2) These screws are configured such that they resist removal. No screw will come loose in wood once driven tight. These tend to bury the head fast & deep; then with the Pozidrive they are near impossible to get out. If you ever want to take something apart, you don;t want to deal with these.
Try a square drive too if you have that problem, that 's often the only way to remove em.
I buy 2" & longer wood screws by the thousand and heartily recommend Torx (Star) drive.
The FastenMaster screws:
- have no identifying marks on the head.
- have ridges on the undersides of the heads, possibly a self-countersinking feature. The Phillips II Plus heads have smooth undersides, which is desirable when you need to mount metal or plastic to wood.
- don't have "stops" machined into them to stop your driver bit from getting wedged in too far.
- seem to have a thinner, less consistent coating. Which might be why they're darker in color. The Phillips II Plus are more yellowish.
In my experience, the self-countersinking heads seem to reduce clamping power. When trying to pull two softwood boards together, the screw head often just buries itself deeper and deeper without actually pulling the boards tight.
I'm sure these will work fine for most projects, but in the future I'll pay a little more for the quality of the Phillips brand.
The driver bits that come with both brands are identical in size and shape, and interchangeable.
You won't be bummed if you add them into your kit.