Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 29 reviews
on December 19, 2012
Using this to get some background while working with my 8 year old. Good explanations and good diagrams, although the drawings are sometimes a little difficult to understand. I would find it difficult to use this book as my only resource, but when used in conjunction with Internet research, other sources, and a live pitching coach, this book provides help in filling in the gaps, and allowing me to study on my own. For those purposes I'm glad to have it - but if it was my only resource I don't think it would be enough.
on September 6, 2008
I've read many a book on softball pitching, and most of them tend to be promotions for the "cover girl." At least this one gave a little more. My disappointments deal with not being able to transfer much of this into mens' fastpitch. There are subtle and not so subtle differences in the games, and there are other pitches in the repertoire with men, as well as differences in the movements that this didn't capture. I expected more from a former mens' pitcher and coach, than coverage only of the womens' game. Maybe it was the promo on it that misled me. Either way, I didn't get what I was looking for. But you don't teach men the way you teach women.
on January 23, 2016
Bought this so that my husband could help by daughter with pitching for her softball team. Very helpful! She was able to make great improvements.

Enjoy !
on February 19, 2002
I have a collection of tapes from various people. It would seem that video would be the best medium for this kind of instruction. Maybe it's because I viewed and re-viewed the tapes so often, but I honestly got more detail out of this book than anything else I've used. The discussion of each piece of the mechanics along with drills I haven't seen on any tape was very, very helpful.
I would strongly recommend this book. It's straight-up, no hype instruction. Excellent for beginning or intermediate pitchers and/or coaches.
on June 7, 2016
helpfully
on March 12, 2015
Very instructional for all abilities and levels of pitchers. Its my go to handbook.
on August 26, 2015
love
on November 18, 2014
Everything as promised
on January 8, 2015
Good book
on January 26, 2013
i'm not sure about you, but i'm more of a hands on learner so reading about technique only helps so much when you really need to learn the proper form and gain the muscle memory.