Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fat: The Weight Loss Secret
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$2.99

on February 20, 2013
As a compulsive reader of diet and health books I have to say I was so pleasantly surprised to find this simple, straight forward summary of everything I've been learning over the past couple of years. By following essentially this exact program (before I found the book) I've lost 60 pounds, gone from a size 16 to a 4, and improved my cholesterol, insulin, blood sugar, and even thyroid numbers unbelievably. I can't say enough about this amazingly accurate, sensible, and gently encouraging book. It is definitely contrary to politically correct conventional diet advice, but, 20 years from now everyone will definitely understand the wisdom of minimizing carbs and substituting liberal amounts of healthy fat. It just plain works!
on March 14, 2012
I've been doing low carb for almost a year and I'm very pleased with the results. If you are thinking about trying low carb and want a general overview, this would be a good gook to get. You should understand that this is basically the author giving his experience and beliefs about low carb eating. You'll get ideas for what to eat and how to manage your diet. You will not get the research studies to back up those beliefs There are plenty of low carb diet books with extensive references if you do want the science, just understand that this book isn't one of them. If you are the kind of person who gets a diet book, skips all the chapters in front that explain why the diet works, and just goes straight to the chapters on what to eat, this is a good book for you.
on March 10, 2012
this book reads fast and is short and to the point and like it says in the title is "simple advice". there is no science presented to back up what the author is presenting but you can read Loren Cordain's The Paleo Answer if that is what you are looking for. this book is just a practical guide of how to eat the author's version of paleo. i have been already eating this way for about six monrhs and while it hasn't been my answer to weight loss i feel much better eating higher fat meals and staying about from simple carbs like bread. i no longer have that 2 pm afternoon slump and can go much longer between meals. i know many may find his ideas shocking but if you actually investigate the reasons why the government recommends we consume "healthy whole grains" and stay away from saturated fat you may be just as shocked by the lack of good science and hidden agendas there.
For me, I have read lots of low carb types of books and most of them, I just plain did not like. Then I discovered this HELPFUL book that is UPBEAT and full of YES FOODS that I love to eat such as: real butter, turkey, eggs, pulled pork and many more.

PROS:

+ K.D. Joseph wrote this book in a conversational way, it was like he was speaking to me ONE on ONE and showing me how to enjoy the foods I love and lose weight at the same time!

+ Favorite part of this book for me is the sample meal planning for a week. Just from those examples, I was able to write my own meal plans for two more weeks for more variety in foods...

+ Positive Book: Overall what I like about this book is it is a positive book with foods that I can EAT and want to eat. Yes, it does give a list of things NOT to eat on this diet, but the YES foods in it happen to be my favorite foods.

+ If you love say meat, eggs, cheeses, and salads (as I do), then I suggest that you consider this book.

Highly recommend this book!
on April 14, 2014
Without all the fluff, the book gets right to the point of the what to eat and how to. No need for repeated explanations. The basic premise is eat fat to lose fat. Simple. Now I understand the Paleo diet revolution.
on February 10, 2014
I liked this book. It was a quick, straight forward read without all the stories and small talk. Mr. Joseph basically supports a low carb diet and that our bodies will adjust to this eating in great ways. I've been on the low carb Atkins diet for the past 3 weeks and have already lost 12 pounds. I was worried about my fat intake but after reading this book I'm going to give his philosophy a try for the next 30 days and see what the results are.
on January 20, 2013
I don't understand some of the critical reviews on here. For a few bucks you can learn much more about proper fat consumption in the low carb diet than is regularly written about. This author emphasizes the role of fat much more than someone like Cordain, to the point where it's almost a different philosophy.

No, there is no science in this book. If you want that read the Archevore blog of Dr. Kurt Harris. What this book contains is just SOLID advice to motivate you. That's all most of us want and need. So quit complaining, and try eating more fat instead. When I increased the amount of eggs and coconut milk in my diet, I promptly lost twelve pounds in three weeks. You can too, if you actually try what the author clearly explains to you.
on February 1, 2014
Good book. People get freaked out about fat, and this explanation can make people eat better. Most people dont get that when you eat fat you dont need to eat alot. Fatty food fills you up. Anybody who has tried this out knows it - a little dab will do ya. We dont eat excessively like we do with carbs. So dont worry what ignorant people say about eating tons of bacon and eggs and stuff...you wont, because you will be filled up after two pieces of bacon and two eggs. Moderation goes a long way. Fat helps you moderate & not eat too many calories.
on January 31, 2014
The only reason I didn't give this book 5 stars is that it could use a little more science and discussion about metabolism and WHY this nutritional information works. Otherwise, it's well written and has some practical advice for starting a solid paleo diet. While I don't agree with everything in here, there are lots of people who do and the diet seems to work for them.
on September 24, 2015
This book is a good start for anyone not familiar with Low Carb High Fat ways of eating. Eating this way, I lost weight and my diabetes 2 is gone.

Our bodies are supposed to be fed like this, but we sabotage ourselves everyday with hidden sugar. A spoonful of white sugar or a glass of fruit juice, it is sugar to our bodies. This book explains it well.