- File Size: 1057 KB
- Print Length: 320 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Instinct Ink Books/Robert W. Walker (August 13, 2012)
- Publication Date: August 13, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B003EV5QEC
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#504,764 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #6101 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Crime
- #9103 in Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Murder
- #9988 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Women Sleuths
Fatal Instinct (Instinct Series Book 2) Kindle Edition
|Length: 320 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
|Age Level: 12 - 18|
|Grade Level: 8 - 12|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
SPOILER ALERT (Don't read any further if you haven't read this book):
The only thing I really didn't like in this book (since it is a series) is that in the first book Jessica falls in love with the lead and she does in this book too. It also bothered me that again in this book (same as last) that she is the target of the killer. I know it sounds stupid but if every book follows the same pattern they will get kind of dull. I also just am not crazy about Jessica either. It gets tiresome to hear over and over that she is just so darn gorgeous along with being the smartest person that ever lived. Petty, I am sure but it does annoy me.
I really like the protagonist, Jessica Caron. An FBI medical examiner, she's one tough cookie without becoming a cold, efficient machine, which seems to be the cliche now for strong women.
In this murder investigation, Jessica is called in when a series of killings involve Jack-the-Ripper type slashings as well as missing organs. It becomes obvious soon that the killer is cannabalizing his victims, which definitely creates more urgency and adds horror to the situation. Jessica's FBI supervisor forces her to cooperate with her old nemesis, Matthew Matisak, now a resident in a federal prison for his series of murders from the first book, Killer Instinct. Matisak is sure he can lead Jessica to the killer, based on his own on-the-job training, as it were.
The book has plenty of twists and turns. I normally do not enjoy reading books which give the killer's point of view, but Walker manages to put a twist in this as well. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and look forward to reading the rest of the series.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Women Sleuths
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Murder
- Books > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Women Sleuths
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Crime
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult