BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

My Father's Dragon
Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 287 reviews(5 star). See all 396 reviews
on October 15, 2017
My children are very sad that the book is over so quickly. They adored all the fun chapters. “Great I liked it!!” says my 5 yr old. It was simple enough for him to read. Although engaging enough to become a nightly read by Mom for kids ages 3-7.
on September 24, 2017
A stray cat, a promise made years ago. A boy sets out to rescue a dragon. After packing his bag the boy showed away on a boat to tangerina.

A chapter book with pictures.
on August 9, 2017
A fun, entertaining read aloud for all ages to enjoy. An oldie but so worth while. Running out of words to say to make the required amount before submitting ...
on September 23, 2017
Perfect short story. She has written a wonderful story, bringing all the little critters alive in an imaginative and exciting way.
on May 22, 2017
Excellent read aloud adventure for young boys! My sons and I enjoyed it equally.
on March 21, 2016
There's a reason this book has so many stars despite its age. It remains a classic that is somehow timeless. The kids I nanny for (ages 3 and 5) both enjoy hearing me read it to them. The 5 year old is far more into it than the three year old, but they both enjoy it, and the 5 year old really understands how the plot is unfolding. I remember reading this book when I was in elementary school and it's nice to share this experience with them (cliche, but true!).
on August 6, 2017
If you are looking for a children's classis look no further. Great book to start chapter book read-a-louds with. The chapters follow a consistent pattern with enough variety to not be redundant.
on July 23, 2017
Perfect, especially for beginners!
on October 18, 2013
Great introduction to chapter books for young readers. The whimsical story by Ruth Stiles Gannett invites the reader into a world where Elmer and the dragon must find courage and ingenuity to solve a series of events they confront.

This book and the two other books in the trilogy would make a great movie or play for students to develop and present to parents and peers.

I highly recommend this trilogy. I enjoyed reading these books to my students every year. The kids were so caught up in the stories that parents would tell me they had to take their children to the local library to check out the books to read at a faster pace than what I was reading in the classroom!
on July 10, 2017