Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Acoutsic Christmas STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 1, 2012
These stones are just what I wanted and arrived faster than expected. As far as price for value goes, this is the best deal on the internet.
I have bought other whiskey stones online and I was worried that since these cost less they would be "cheaper" quality but these fears were unfounded. They are very nice,the quality and craftsmanship are easily equal to other sets that I paid more than double for. I am quite happy with this purchase! Other reviews have mentioned the bag they come in. It's not a velvet pouch but you aren't putting the pouch in the drink, it's for storage. The stones themselves are great!
I would buy them again from this seller (father's day ideas!!)
on December 29, 2012
Being an avid scotch drinker I thought this product would be interesting and functional but after I used them I have to say i am rather disappointed. First off they really do little as far as chilling room temperature scotch. Secondly,for the knowledgable scotch drinker, they will notice that the stones ruin the nose of the liquor and also add an odd taste to it. I wouldnt buy this product. I got a set for a friend but decided not to give them to him. Use ice.
on July 4, 2012
This item is by far no replacement for the chill of ice cubes. It was not the perfect solution I was looking for to replace the dilution of ice, but it can give a slight chill to your spirits. If that is all you desire you should be satisfied with this item. the quality has seemed to be fairly good, despite having one stone chip a corner while i washed it under water in the sink with my hand. I would likely say this item could be passed up on.
on May 15, 2013
They're quite novel and fun to pull out for guests, but they tend to stick together in the freezer if you keep them in the little bag together and I've had several of the stones break. I know how porous and crumbly soapstone can be, so I expected this, but some people might be disappointed. Or alternatively, they might love it because it means you wind up with more stones than you bought.
on February 26, 2012
Bought these in hopes of keeping my whiskey cold without getting watered down. Well, the drink doesn't get watered down but seems like it gets to room temperature pretty quickly. It didn't keep it nearly as cold as I like it and just becomes warm as quick as if I had the whiskey chilled to begin with. They just don't retain their coldness long enough. I'll stick with real ice, it's still more enjoyable.
on December 11, 2013
Great idea for myself and gifting, but a disappointing performance. The rocks don't get very cold no matter how long they've been in the freezer and annoyingly, they kill any carbonation in the beverage.
on June 9, 2013
product is ok. did not cool very well and although I washed these stones before cooling and using. there seemed to be some residue and taste they imparted. the idea is great, just not sure these are the right product to do the job
on November 28, 2011
These stones are great, they work as advertised and prevent your drink from becoming watered down.
I did have one rocks glass break. It was a very strange break and I think these stones may have had something to do with it. So I would recommend not swirling the glass around with the rocks in the glass. It was as if the stone scored a perfect ring around the inside of the glass. Spilt a full glass of 12 year single malt on my lap.

This seller has the best bang for the buck, and I would do repeat business.
22 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 14, 2013
Good size, edges are not too sharp, bag is durable and holds up well in the freezer. Over a year of use, and they still look brand new. Definitely recommend these stones to anybody who likes their drinks neat!
on April 13, 2013
The whiskey coolers work as stated. I was a little disappointed after rinsing them some of them chipped and had a powdery residue. Hopefully that wont affect them while in use.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.