Fatwood 50 LB Box Fire Starter All Natural Organic Resin Rich Eco Friendly Kindling Sticks for Wood Stoves, Fireplaces, Campfires, Fire Pits, Burns Quickly and Easily, Safe and Non Toxic
- Fatwood fire starter kindling sticks - no more newspapers or toxic chemicals or splitting kindling
- 100% all-natural Fatwood is loaded with resins for fast fire starting, ignites easily and instantly, burning at a high heat
- Just two sticks to start a roaring fire ideal for wood stoves, fireplaces, campfires, chimneys, fire pits - makes a great gift any time of year
- Environmentally friendly Fatwood is not the by product of commercial logging or clear-cutting - not a single live tree is used
- Each stick is pre-split in 8 inch long pieces for convenience Fatwood sticks have an Indefinite shelf Life
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More items to explore
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Plow & Hearth Fatwood Fire Starter
Fatwood Fire Starter Pre-Split Kindling - A Plow & Hearth Customer Favorite
Fatwood is nature's best kindling! These 8" sticks are resin-rich and loaded with organic resins that ignite instantly. It only takes two sticks of Fatwood fire-starter to get an intense fire burning quickly.
Fatwood fire-starting sticks have an indefinite shelf life and even ignites once wet! The sticks can be used in wood stoves, indoor and outdoor fireplaces, campfires, chimneys, fire pits and more. Remember, fatwood makes a great gift any time of year.
Fatwood Production - How Fatwood Fatwood is Made
Fatwood is hand-selected and harvested from naturally felled trees - from storms, lightning, or old age in Honduras. Our Fatwood is not the by-product of commercial logging or clear-cutting.
Not a single live tree is used in the production of Fatwood. Plow & Hearth Fatwood is an all-natural fire starter. No chemicals nor additives are used.
Attractive Fireside Box
Fatwood has an indefinite shelf life. The fatwood sticks ignite even after getting wet. Only two sticks of fatwood are needed to start a roaring fire.
Because Fatwood is loaded with resins, the sticks ignite instantly and burn at a high rate of heat - no paper is needed. Use fatwood for wood stoves, fireplaces, campfires, chimneys, fire pits and more.
Plow & Hearth Fatwood Provides Jobs
Plow & Hearth Fatwood provides jobs for Americans with disabilities through the services of the Greater Richmond ARC in Virginia. The Fatwood is sent directly from Honduras to ARC, where ARC’s team breaks down the bulk materials into individual units and packages for shipment.
Plow & Hearth Exclusive - Fatwood is nature's best kindling! Loaded with organic resins that ignite instantly, our Fatwood Fire-Starter burns with an intense heat and gets fires going quickly! Just two 8"L sticks and a single match is all it takes. Every 8"L stick of our resin-rich Fatwood is hand-selected and harvested from naturally felled trees (storms, lightning, old age). Our Fatwood is not the by-product of commercial logging or clear-cutting. Not a single live tree is used. Plow & Hearth Fatwood is the all-natural, fire starter. Fatwood fire-starting sticks have an indefinite shelf life – Fatwood even ignites when wet! Ideal for wood stoves, fireplaces, campfires, chimeneas, fire pits and more. Makes a great gift any time of year. Don't run out – buy in bulk and save, too! USA/Imported.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) This raw wood is heavy with sap and smells amazing.
2) It lights quick and produces a large flame, but NOT a hot flame.
3) It produces so much Thick Black Smoke it will make your fireplace inside sticky with tar buildup: 50 lb box did, and we burn HOT Almond only.
4) The problem with this wood is it burns so RICH that the flame is not hot enough to light hardwoods well, so you will put 30 sticks in to get wood to light. The flame is just too rich from the sap, so you have to keep adding sticks. I went back to using our propane log lighter and the flame is so hot it lights the hard Almond within 5 minutes.
5) I do NOT recommend this fat wood for inside home fireplaces. It's far too smokey and will gum up your chimney. If the black smoke bellows out it will blacken your walls and ceiling.
6) IT IS GOOD FOR CAMP FIRES! This wood is good to bring camping, or fire pits OUTSIDE, and light softer wood.
I hope this helps you decide. It is honest FACTS by use of a 50 lb box.
Fatwood is wood that is loaded with sap, which in turn burns easily and quickly. BUT it also puts out a lot of thick black smoke when it does. That is why this is only good for outdoor firepits or camp fires. Even then avoid breathing any of the smoke from these.
They work great for lighting most wood. Hard woods take longer to light and you may have to use a few of these. I light pine and oak with mine and 3 or 4 sticks seem to work ok.
I would not recommend these for lighting indoor fires because of the smoke and if you use a lot the soot build up in your fireplace could get bad.
Also do not use these to light grills with charcoal. The smoke coats the inside of your grill and cooking grate and hence your food.
So for your outdoor pit these work great, but I would not use them inside or for a grill.
We got the 35 pound box and the box is stuffed full of resin sticks. I didn't count, but at least a couple hundred?? It is by the pound, so quantities vary. The sticks are not greasy, sticky or smelly - and not wood, so no splinters! We start our heat stove by using a piece of paper, 2 fatwood sticks and some seasoned logs and the thing is roaring in seconds. When the fire begins to dwindle, we simply add another stick. We have used the sticks daily since we got them and they are awesome. They pack a lot of punch and are an excellent value vs. firelog starters and are a major time and frustration saver.
Photo shows one piece of little fatwood next to a wood stove sized wood log.
Definitely recommend buying the Plow & Hearth Fatwood!