Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fearless Love: The Answer to the Problem of Human Existence
Workplace Solutions Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick New Salon & Spa Halloween Amazon Cash Back Offer Transparent Transparent Transparent  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now 20% off select baby clothing, gear, and more

Format: Audio CD|Change

on November 20, 2008
Gary explains Course In Miracles principles in easy-to-understand layman's terms, and more importantly, what these principles mean to us as students of the course and spiritual seekers. In this 2-CD set, he goes through helpful techniques of putting the Holy Spirit in charge, a guided prayer of merging with your source, and a helpful review of forgiveness, one of the Course In Miracle's main concepts and techniques for giving up separateness and experiencing oneness with our creator.

The principles, once explained, are relatively easy to understand, especially if you've had any background with Eastern concepts of non-dualism, such as those taught in Hinduism, Buddhism, or Taoism. Understand, yes, but they are not so easy to do. This is why Gary's teaching is helpful here. He understands how these principles work, and can show us how they work in our day-to-day lives, rather than them remaining concepts in a book that can be at times intimidating in its size and scope.

Gary is a popularizer of the course, and every time I have heard him speak (on CDs, live appearances, or his podcast on iTunes) he remains true to course principles and doesn't try to water them down or interpret them in ways that would be more new age-friendly, or get him an appearance on Oprah. The course has been described as uncompromising, and can put quite a few people off because of this.

Gary has been able to remain as funny, accessible, and human as possible, while still understanding and practicing these concepts as directed by the course. This is what makes him valuable as a teacher. He is a lot like us - average in many ways. However, his application of course principles and the results he gets, added to his ability to communicate his experiences in everyday terms elevates his teaching from above average to the inspirational.

Above all, he wants us to taste and experience the course first-hand for ourselves, and not leave it up on the shelf. In the process of doing this, his presentation is often upbeat and practical. I find myself filled with renewed hope after listening to this CD set.
11 comment| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2008
Gary reinforces the practical approach this spiritual path has to offer. So more repetition from our buddy The G-Man - but there's no such thing as too much repetition when it comes to hearing right minded ideas - so it's all good - as we need the repetition to keep us focused and motivated on the task at hand - or at least I do.

In addition, Gary shares some new personal forgiveness lessons, including his divorce process, and talks about how animals, including pets, fit into the grand scheme of things.

Of course, the importance of practicing true forgiveness is stressed in all of Gary's recordings and Fearless Love is no exception, since it is the one thing that will get us Home, as Pursah reminds us all in Your Immortal Reality "...there is no substitute for practicing forgiveness, and that's the spiritual 'life in the fast lane' that our brother J was teaching by both word and example 2000 years ago."

Gary also guides us through the True Prayer meditation on this program very similar to that on his Secrets of the Immortal series, helping us to remember where we really are.

Anything coming from Arten and Pursah through Gary, in addition to Gary's humor, will always get 5 stars from me. Giddy up! God Is

Go to my profile for a link to my Disappearance of the Universe blog.
on October 9, 2009
I've been a student of ACIM and nondualism for years and I loved "The Disappearance of the Universe." But I cannot give a good review to this audio presentation. It's disorganized and insubstantial. It's all over the place, with a few admittedly interesting anecdotes from Gary's personal life, but really-- unless you are totally brand new to these ideas, you'll find yourself yawning and wondering when he's going to make a point, instead of endlessly repeating himself. He names important ideas and says, "that's what we'll be talking about later," but never covers them in more depth. When I got to the end of the first CD, I was stunned, because he hadn't really SAID anything yet. The concepts are great, but save your money and skip this particular presentation.
77 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2008
I have a great hunger for this material and have actively sought out everything I can find. These two CDs give a very practical direction and brief aid to understand the foundational principles in The Course in Miracles. I listen to these repeatedly as a mantra for my mind. Fearless Love is great and helps my joy and peace grow more everyday. Thank you Gary Renard.
on July 10, 2009
I bought these CD's and also enjoyed the informal way Gary presented. The really important BIG piece, (especially as a Course in Miracles student) was the incredible revelation about forgiveness that I experienced that Gary discusses. I have never heard it put in such a way and it truly brought me to a new level in my spiritual understanding!! I cannot stress this enough. If you are ready to hear it, it can be LIFE-CHANGING!!!
on September 12, 2009
This CD set is a must have for any ACIM student. It gave me numerous "a-ha" moments and practical tools to help make my life a happy dream. I am so grateful to have this CD set on my iPod now so I can take it with me wherever I go. I use the 3 tools in the CD almost every day and have witnessed miracles happen in my life. Thank you, Gary, for sharing so many personal stories to demonstrate that it works!
on February 22, 2009
To people like me, who have already read Gery Renard's book "The Disappearance Of The Universe" the thoughts related in this CD are not new. The value of this CD for me consists in what I could learn about the application of the teachings in ACIM regarding love and forgiveness. These applications are anything but theoretical, for Gery candidly tells from his own personal life experience. I also benefited greatly from a part of this CD in which Gery guides the listener into a meditation which he and his teachers call "true payer". It complements very well what I already knew about "true prayer".
on January 13, 2009
Good info on ACIM, meditation and practical practices. Good to add to any collection even if you aren't a student of The Course. Good job Gary!!
on April 26, 2009
This is not as detailed as some of his other works. I like Gary Renard a lot and try to buy everything he publishes. This may be a good intro to his books for those unfamiliar with him.
on February 28, 2009
Gary is a 'great listen'. I enjoyed this CD very much. I listen to it over and over again!