Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

'Fearless' by Max Lucado: A question

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 28, 2009, 12:13:57 PM PDT
Jessica says:
Hi everyone,
I am very interested in reading Max Lucado's new book 'Fearless' as I suffer from anxiety, ruminations and fear and have heard some wonderful things about this book. However, I know it is written from a Christian perspective and, as a Jew (although not practicing), I wonder if the book will apply to me? I believe in God, but am worried that the book will contain a lot I won't understand...sorry if this is a silly question!
Many thanks,
Jenny

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2009, 11:07:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2009, 11:08:09 AM PST
Hi Jenny
I believe that there can be some healing in the words of this book. It is filled with universal truths and the promises of God. I am a Christian, but was married to a Jew. Faith and hope can be the most healing of all gifts. I hope this helps.
Pam

Posted on Nov 23, 2010, 6:57:00 PM PST
Karrin Semke says:
I too suffer from anxiety. I do not think that this book will in any way give you real relief to your problem. Honestly, maybe Joyce Meyer might be a better get for you. Since she too suffered from anxiety & many other things. She overcame this all. Honestly, as a woman & christian her books have really helped me get on the path to overcoming my anxiety. I recommend "Be Anxious For Nothing", "Controlling Your Emotions Instead of Your Emotions Controlling You", & "21 Ways To Overcome Fear & Anxiety". I hope I got the names write if not I know i'm close enough. As a woman she understands our struggles. I think you will have more success with her books.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Oct 28, 2009
Latest post:  Nov 23, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

This discussion is about
Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear
Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear by Max Lucado (Hardcover - September 8, 2009)
4.5 out of 5 stars (1,174)