Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Josh Ritter Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,675 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,384 reviews
on May 31, 2017
Whenever I need a pick me up, I read this book. My husband and I are in the military, stationed apart, and marriage is hard enough without adding to it. Whenever I need a reminder that we can make it through this, I read this book. Adam Brown was a hero, not just for his actions in combat, but for the way he lived his life, overcoming more obstacles than one person should ever have to experience. Eric Blehm did a wonderful job with this story. My husband and I have "Fearless" engraved on our wedding rings because of this book.
on January 2, 2013
Adam Brown was one of the elite of the elite, a member of SEAL Team SIX, the counterterrorism unit that has among its accomplishments the capture of Osama bin Laden. Brown was also a man with a history of addiction and all that attends it--theft and broken relationships and devastation. Most important of all, Brown was a man who had experienced grace and forgiveness through a relationship with Jesus Christ. His story, told by Eric Blehm in the book Fearless, is making waves today, having established itself on the New York Times list of bestsellers.

In many ways Fearless is typical for the biography of a warrior. It tracks Brown through his childhood and then, once he had made up his mind to join the Navy, through bootcamps, other forms of training, and eventually, through deployment in South America, Afghanistan and Iraq. Along the way we read of his brutal battle with addiction to crack cocaine, an addiction that followed him and haunted him even years after he had been through recovery. We also read of how he came to faith, eventually following the example of his parents and mentors, giving his life in service to Jesus Christ.

Brown's life came to an end on March 17, 2010, the day he was gunned down in the mountains of Afghanistan, losing his life in service to his country while destroying a dangerous terrorist cell. Of course his story continues in this book and in the lives of his wife and children and friends.

Eric Blehm has penned a powerful book in Fearless. It is well-written and tells an intriguing story of a fascinating individual. I would suggest that the main reason for the book's appeal is in Brown's quirky character. He was a fearless warrior and one with an impossibly high pain threshhold. He was one of those people who seemed to live his life in overdrive, doing things that appear to be fool-hardy or near-impossible or, in all likelihood, both. He was an eminently likeable guy.

A second reason for its success is that it has been written to appeal to both men and women. Sure, there is a fair bit of military action, a component that men tend to enjoy more than women, but so much of what SEAL Team SIX did remains classified that Blehm has had to focus less on missions and more on the colorful cast of characters that always surrounded Brown. This makes it a character-driven book led by Brown but pausing as well to introduce other fascinating people.

And then there is the appeal of a story of redemption, a man emerging from the depths to become a real man, one who had learned to cast off the utter selfishness of addiction so he could love and serve others. He was able to do this only after encountering the God who is so much stronger and more powerful than the addiction that had gripped him for so many years.

I feel as if I am sticking my neck out a little in expressing the one disappointment I had with this book: the lack of spiritual depth. Yes, Brown and his family are Christians, but the faith the author describes is as much about platitudes ("Adam is watching us from heaven and smiling...") than the beautiful depths of the Christian faith. Don't hear me say that I doubt Brown's faith; I do not doubt it at all. But I guess I am always on the look-out for the biography of the Christian soldier (or Christian athlete or...) who has a really deep faith, who does more than express that "Jesus has a plan for my life" and repeat basic Christian truths. There are very few like that and I have often wondered why that is. In this case, it is notable that Eric Blehm is not a Christian (saying in the Afterword that he has not opened a Bible in twenty-five years), so perhaps he just does not understand what Christians are telling him about their faith. Perhaps he has distilled what people have said into convenient catchphrases. I don't know. In reading Fearless you will encounter a genuine conversion story, but you will not encounter a great depth of truth beyond that. It's a little bit disappointing in that regard.

Fearless is a story that had to be told, and though it is a difficult story to hear, passing as it does through terrible addiction and ending in death, it is both powerful and inspiring, and I am glad to recommend it to you.

Do note that there is some rough language in the book--this is the navy after all. There is nothing outrageous, but it still contains words you would not want your children to repeat.
on January 27, 2017
Amazing book about a truly selfless American hero. If you want to know what really goes on pick up this book and read it. I cannot be thankful enough for our military. There are more of these stories out there, maybe not quite of this caliber but still enough to show us how truly brave our military can be. We should never ever take our freedom for granted, these people gave up their son, father, husband, brother and friend for that freedom, don't make them feel it was a waste. This young man was simply the best of the best and I am so thankful for his life. I just wish he didn't have to make the ultimate sacrifice.
on July 1, 2012
This story is about love, devotion, heroism and self reliance. It's an inspiring story and yet it's hard to read, because the ending is sure to break your heart.

The book is very well written and it's a testament to Adam Brown his family and warrior friends. The story of his life has many interesting twist. You can expect an emotional ride with this story--It made me laugh. It made me think. And in the end, it left me in tears (exceedingly rare thing). Yu feel you know this man and his family, and the loss is physically painful, even to a stranger reading this story at home

While being a story of a warrior in war, in my mind, the war bits are incidental. They highlight the cost of freedom and the greatness of this warrior and his team mates. But it's far more than a story about heroic Navy SEALs. It's about the man and his journey in life. From the lowest pit of hell to the highest level of achievement, Adam Brown is one amazing man. Even in the Special Operations community, where every warrior is a hero, this man truly stands alone.

It's hard to imagine how a lost young man, addicted to crack and on the hard road to prison, managed to turn his life around. It would have been a huge story f success, 'even" if he just reformed and moved on to a productive life. But to become a Navy SEAL. To become a wonderful husband and father. To join Seal Team Six. And to do all that while preserving his values and showering love on people close to him--that's just unreal. It's such a great story that folks must read and discuss. We need people as committed, loving and brave as Adam. We need role modes like him. Therefore, the Brown family ought to be very proud, and we ought to be very thankful for men like Adam and his friends.

May this great hero rest in peace and his family do as well as he's wish them to. I never knew Adam Brown, but I feel his loss and think of him often. It saddens me to no end that such a man is lost.
on August 26, 2017
This deeply moving book is about a man who overcame huge challenges as a husband, father, and Navy SEAL.
In telling the story of Adam Brown ad his wonderful wife Kelley, Eric Blehm conveys SEAL Team life better than anyone, even SEALs themselves.
Eric Blehm "gets it" in a way that few non-Team guys do.
If you only ever read one book about the Teams, this is the one. Read it..
RTPW, Navy SEAL 1966-96
on July 1, 2012
The story of Adam Brown's life is like a Roller Coaster Ride, first it takes you up and then it plunges you down, not just once but over and over again. It is a true American life story told without any holds barred and with Adam's permission, of a boy with high expectations, personal failures and the determination to overcome whatever life had in store for him. Like many of us, his family is affected by his actions and suffers their own doubts and fears until they turn to a local Pastor who shares some of their experience. When Adam meets Kelley, who is adrift herself, she see's something in Adam that is special and a bond is formed which becomes his lifeline. Adam and Kelley find the importance of faith in their lives as they struggle to make their marriage work and to free Adam from his addictions. With the help of an old family friend and against all odds, Adam not only gets into the United States Navy but sets his sights high, on the Seals and makes it. Not just the Seals but Seal Team Six in spite of injuries that could have allowed him to receive a medical discharge. Adam's story is told by his family, friends and fellow Seals who were anxious to tell of their friends willingness to volunteer for the tough assignments, to struggle on even when wounded and his strong team spirit all which made him a fearless hero in their eyes. His wife Kelley relates with humor how the warrior in Adam could turn off when he returned home and the loving husband and father took over. FEARLESS is the story of Adam Brown a real American Hero, it is a book you don't want to put down but you do want to share.
on July 27, 2017
Maybe I'm biased by all the other great SEAL books I've been reading, but this one doesn't seem to be as well written. Don't get me wrong the guy sounds like an amazing dude but the story could have been written better. Just FYI there is a heavy Christian tone to this book. No judgement. Just letting you know. I read once and sold it to a book store.
on February 27, 2017
I can't recommend this book enough! If you like books on Navy SEALS or books on overcoming unbelievable odds, or if you like books on faith, you will love this book!! I listened to the audiobook version while driving at work and if you could imagine a grown man driving all by themselves laughing out loud, shaking his head in frustration, and even balling his eyes out at parts ... This is a must read, absolutely!!
on August 22, 2017
This is one of the best books I have read in years. The character developing of all of the relevant people is excellent. Adam Brown was a wonderful soldier especially considering the hardships, both physical and emotional, he met in his too short life. I highly recommend this book. It is difficult to put down.
on May 6, 2017
This is my all time favorite of all Spec Ops, SEAL, books! From fighting a crack addiction, to making the elite of the elite DEVGRU, to losing an eye, as a Sniper, and learning to shoot with his non dominant hand and eye, not the one to back down from a dare, ants hurt, Adam Brown was the epitome of the "right stuff" and then some, yet he was just a normal kid in America dealing with the pressures of the devil. Eric Blehm does an excellent job of portraying Adam Brown's life, successes, pit falls, faith, love and his ultimate sacrifice for his brothers. This book is a great inspiration to never give up on your dreams, and never stop shooting for the stars. You're never too far gone to come back!