- Series: The Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science (Book 453)
- Hardcover: 410 pages
- Publisher: Springer; 1998 edition (August 31, 1998)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0792381963
- ISBN-13: 978-0792381969
- Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 1 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 3.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #4,930,490 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Feature Extraction, Construction and Selection: A Data Mining Perspective (The Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science) 1998th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
I was looking for a book on identifying and extracting features, this is more what I would call "reducing features".
One of the hardest problems in dealing with data is IDENTIFYING the features used to describe the data set, and determining how to model them and use them, as well as figuring out if you need to use additional sources of data to make the features work.
This book is purely about mathematically producing new features from _already_ identified features. I.e. the hard part is done, now how can we make it more efficient/effective?
For what it is, it's the only book I see, so you might want to pick it up. But I suggest spending some time on 'search inside this book' to see if it meets your needs.