Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 31 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 85 reviews
on January 16, 2012
I have always loved luminaries but I don't like fire. I could never bring myself to put a candle in a paper bag and let it burn. When I saw this product on Amazon gold box deals I was thrilled. A safe luminary. I bought it for that, not for the scent or because it was advertised as a room freshener. Personally, I don't think there is any room freshener out there that really works and lasts, the best room freshener I know of is cloves simmering in a pan of water on the stove. That being said, I have two of the Febreze luminaries on my mantle. I activate them in the early morning when I get up and in the evening when the sun goes down. They glow and flicker as a candle would and cast a beautiful shadow on the wall above the mantle. They are peaceful and calming and I will get more to add to the effect. I would rather replace batteries than risk having a fire or smoke residue on the ceiling. I give these 5 stars and thank you Febreze.
on November 17, 2010
- flickers like a real candle.
- safe candle glow without wires.
- has an on & off switch on the bottom.
- leave switch on "on" position for option to use the base & shade to turn on/off.
- auto shuts-off after 4hrs. when switch is set to "on."
- kit comes with the 2 double AA batteries you need.
on October 2, 2009
I bought this product for the scent to fill my room. It did for TWO LOUSY DAYS ONLY. The luminary part is nice but I feel ripped off for the price I paid!!!
on November 10, 2013
I initially bought one of these not because I wanted an air freshener, but because I was intrigued by the realistic flicker of the light. I use it at Halloween as a light for my jack o' lantern ( I took the base apart and got it to work without having a shade on it ). It provides just the right spooky flicker without the danger of a candle. As far as using it as an air freshener though, I never understood if having the light on actually activates the fragrance of the shade. I don't think the light produces enough heat to make any difference, but maybe I'm wrong about that. It just seemed to me that the shade freshened the room regardless of whether the light was on or not and the light was purely decorative.
on December 18, 2014
LOVE THIS STUFF!!! Ordering more. They no longer sell these in stores where I live. I used to buy these all the time. SUPER STRONG SMELLING and amazing!!!! 1 pack will fill up your entire floor. I set up 3 in my house. My house smells magical again. I missed these!!! These are authentic and genuine. I approve, as I am the Febreeze Home Collection master!
on January 28, 2013
This is really a cheap piece of plastic with a small light in it. I really do not understand the price. The smell is EXTREMELY strong to the point of feeling dizzy for the first 2 days. After that there is very little to no smell at all. This is fine for me, as I bought this for the glow. They are amazing visually and have the feel of small chinese lanterns. If you want them for lighting, they are great. Just remove the paper scent screen and stick it outside for 2 days to get rid of the odor, and then bring it in for a cute decorative lantern. It is a great replacement for candles, without smoking up your room. And I have gotten many compliments on them from guests. Also, for crafters and scrapbooking efficianados, You can make your own screens for this, Use your imagination. =)
on January 7, 2014
I really like these candles because they look like they are a candle burning but they are alot safer for young children because you cant get burnt by them or catch anything on fire. they are good to have when you have a power outage.,and of course these candles make the house smell good. I just need to get more refills for the candles I already have. The fragrance wears off after awhile, but I really like them. Sandy Frank
on January 26, 2011
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Febreze Soy Candle with tea/citrus scent.
I saw this flameless version listed as one of "The Best Ideas Of 2010" and thought it would be perfect for the holidays with so many visitors including children, coming and going.
However, the scent was so acrid and penetrating, it was truly sick-making. It did not resemble the warm and clean fragrance of the candle AT ALL. Within minutes of unwrapping the scented shade, I moved the whole thing into the basement laundry room. Really gross.
Several hours later, I noticed a strong and rather pleasant scent upstairs and thought maybe I'd gotten the scented oil on the clothes I'd worn early. Not so: The odor had climbed two stories through the laundry chute; BTW, at the opposite end of the basement.
The next morning, I had forgotten about the luminary and went downstairs to do some laundry. There was a very mild scent from the shade, so I brought it back to the living room in hopes that it would maintain this enjoyable level of aroma. However, by the next afternoon there was no scent at all -- less than 72 hours from opening the shade's envelope.
Even though the fragrance was a huge and all-around disappointment -- I will not even consider trying the other scents available -- I turned on the light several times that evening, because it was a new "toy" and I liked the flickering.

Note: the scented shade does not look like the package illustration. The "flowers" resemble vacant lot weeds. The background coloration spans a very narrow colorway from white to a pale moldy gray-green, with the floral design in clashing mahogany. Since the fragrance was long gone, I noodled up origami paper with some aromatherapy product from the organic grocer for a DIY that was way more lovely in every aspect than the commercial product.

Unfortunately, my happiness didn't last: As others have mentioned, the China-made batteries died within a week. I had only "played" with it the second and third nights and turned it on once an evening in the few days following. The "Duracell" labels claimed to be good through March 2015, but that was hooey. Really surprised and disappointed because Duracell is my "go-to" brand; in my experience, Canadian-made Duracell perform beautifully well past their "best by" dates. Duracell Value Charger With 4AA Pre Charged Rechargeable Nimh Batteries, CEF14DX4N Duracell Procell AA Batteries, 24-Count

SUMMARY:
Ugly execution.
Terrible performance and no longevity.
With my DIY expenses and replacement batteries, this ended up costing more than twice the MSRP + a headache, nausea, aggravation and disappointment.
Sad, sad experience with two brands that, up to now, I had the utmost confidence in: Febreze and Duracell.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2014
unfortunately these are not sold in stores any more. I keep my old refills and put perfume or my own oils on them as I like the effect of look they give off. Are over priced now that they no longer make them :(
on January 8, 2012
Hey, it smells good, but there arent a lot of scents out there yet. We use it as a night light in the hall at night, and since it runs on batteries, we even save a little electricity with it. I look forward to finding different scents for it. Shipped quickly, and was in great(brand new) shape when we got it. Cheap stuff too, $6.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.