Other Sellers on Amazon
I Feel Love: The Collection - Donna Summer Import
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
One of the true greats of 70s music, Donna Summers amazing chart success underlines her vocal prowess, talent and longevity. This superbly-compiled 2 CD collection brings together her greatest hits and some peerless 12- mixes by the artist who will forever be known as "The Queen of Disco".
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
As a "greatest hits" collection, this package offers nothing new and is riddled with problems:
1) As some others have mentioned, this compilation is far from complete. There's just too much missing here, even if you excuse the omission of Donna's work for labels other than Universal.
2) This set has supposedly been remastered... Really? Either that's a completely false statement or the individual responsible needs to find another line of work. For evidence of this, just listen to the opening of "Dim All the Lights" or worse yet, the Patrick Cowley remix of "I Feel Love". I could have done a better job using GarageBand!
3) Errors: Just one example, but there are others as well. How about "Heaven(s) Knows" as one of the listed songs; incorrectly mentioned both on the back of the case and in the accompanying booklet. Then there's "Sunset People" and "Our Love" offered up on Disc 2 and presented under "12-inch and Extended Mixes", neither of which is true. These are the same two album versions we've been listening to since 1979.
4) And finally, the included photos are [again], nothing new and of very poor quality, with the front cover being the sole exception.
On the positive side, this release does offer a nice cover-shot of Donna, along with the very difficult to find original single versions of "Rumour Has It" and "Unconditional Love"; nearly impossible to find anywhere else on CD. But aside from that, there's not much more here that hasn't already been presented numerous times before, and in a nicer array of configurations.
With so much of Summer's material left untapped, especially on CD, this becomes just another attempt to cash-in on her success with very little time and money invested in the delivered product. How 'bout a singles box containing all of Donna's hits and hard-to-find B-sides? Or the original 12" dance remixes from the 1980s; "Love Is In Control", She Works Hard for the Money", "Unconditional Love", "Dinner with Gershwin", and "This Time I Know It's for Real", just to name a few.
Having said that, as a die-hard Summer fan, I purchased this set knowing full well the limitations of its content, but I never expected such a sloppy job in the overall presentation. I do realize this is a budget release, but it's always a disappointment when yet another opportunity to "get it right" falls far short of one's expectations.
Enter at your own risk...
1. I Feel Love
2. Love to Love You Baby (Single Version)
3. Bad Girls (Single Edit)
4. Hot Stuff (Single Version)
5. Love Is In Control (Finger on the Trigger)
6. MacArthur Park (Single Version)
7. Love's Unkind
8. Down Deep Inside (Edit Theme from The Deep)
9. On the Radio
10. I Remember Yesterday
11. Could It Be Magic
12. Back in Love Again
13. Rumour Has It (Single Version)
14. I Love You (Single Version)
15. Last Dance (Single Version)
16. Heaven Knows (Single Version)
17. Dim All the Lights (Edit)
18. She Works Hard for the Money (Edited Single Version)
19. Unconditional Love (Edit)
1. I Feel Love (Patrick Cowley Mega Mix)
2. Je T'aime (Moi Non Plus) (12" Version)
3. Down Deep Inside (Theme from The Deep)
4. MacArthur Park Suite: MacArthur Park/One of a Kind/Heaven Knows (12" Version/Medley)
5. No More Tears (Enough Is Enough) (12" Version)
6. Sunset People
7. Our Love