Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 105 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 118 reviews
on January 31, 2013
This could well be Kris's last album, but I pray not. His feeling mortal and the loss of my husband of forty-six years have me feeling very mortal too. He has always been so great in song-writing, singing, acting, etc. If you are a fan of Kris's, you must get this most recent CD. To those silly, immature people who try to compare/contrast him to such beginners as Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood will never know the true beauty of music!
99 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2013
I have been a life long fan of Kris. I think I own every album, cassette, and CD he ever recorded. I first saw him perform live with Rita back in 1971, and have attended many concerts since. The depth of feeling and meaning he brings to every song qualifies him as the greatest songwriter and singer of my generation. Although some have rumored that "Feeling Mortal" may be his final CD, I hope they are wrong. I refuse to believe that a songwriter as great as Kris does not have a few more stories to sing. As for this CD--Feeling Mortal--I enjoyed every song and feel he's just getting better with age.
VINE VOICEon March 8, 2013
This is, without a doubt, Kristofferson's best batch of songs in years. It's also, in a way, his most introspective. And yet, it's also a shot in the arm from his last few albums, which have been primarily acoustic (just Kristofferson, his guitar and his harmonica), and filled with simple melodies and contemplative lyrics about mortality. As the title suggests, FEELING MORTAL follows a similar theme; yet, despite the presence of such songs as "You Don't Tell Me What to Do" and "Stairway to the Bottom," it tackles the issue sof life and death from a different angle, accompanied this time by a full (if minimal) band.

"Castaway" feels almost like classic Kristofferson (or, at least, 1980s pre-Sandinistas Kristofferson). The title track is a surprisingly uptempo, charging number, as is the closer, "Ramblin' Jack." "Mama Stewart" is a beautiful spiritual/story song, and "Bread for the Body" is both contemplative and engaging. Perhaps the pinnacle moment of the album, however, comes on "The One You Chose," when Kristofferson barely avoids bursting out laughing mid-song. Yes, the subject matter here can be somewhat depressing; but Kristofferson clearly isn't letting that get him down, and whereas his last few albums were a bit heavy-handed, FEELING MORTAL is actually, in spots, fun. Perhaps not his greatest work, but easily the best album he's given us in a while, and sure to go down as one of the year's best.
on March 14, 2013
I was sixteen when I first heard Kris Kristofferson, via his appearance on the Johnny Cash television show, and shortly after that I bought my first Kristofferson album – “The Silver Tongued Devil And I”. 40+ years down the road, I can still remember how those early songs cut straight to the heart of it, and were more honest and real to me than anything I had previously heard. A couple dozen recordings and all those movie roles later, Kristofferson’s newest CD “Feeling Mortal” is no exception. Straight to the heart, with simple melodies and the truth is the combination that has made the Kristofferson catalog an American musical treasure, and the legendary songwriter the standard by which others are measured.

The new CD is the first offering on Kristofferson’s newly created independent KK Records label, and it takes a bold look at where he stands today as an artist and human being.
on June 14, 2016
I'm so glad that I bought this. I went to see "A Tribute To Kris Kristofferson" in Nashville in March and it was a great reminder to me of why I have loved him and his music for 4 decades. I bought this to listen to on our trip up there (to add to the dozens of others I have) and we listened all the way up there and back to Florida to this and his other great music. He just never gets old. Loved him way back then, and I love him now. He's like fine whiskey, he just gets better with age.
on August 5, 2013
Now I would imagine only hardcore Kris fans will understand these remarks.

He comes back to early Nashville roots. It sounds like it could be one of his swansong albums depending on how long he goes- hopefully one of many.

It grows on me every time I listen. It includes some future classics as usual.

Some of the best money I ever spend is on the music of Kris.

Go Dude.
on June 30, 2014
Kris Kristofferson is one of the best country/folk song writers of all time. This album is no exception. As it is true of all of his songs/ballads, each of these demonstrate the true talent of a poet. Kris is not the best country singer that lives, but no one can sing Kris's songs like HE can. These songs are simple, honest emotions, expressed by an aging poet who is coming to terms with his mortality. No one could have done it better! I seldom buy an entire album, but this one is worth every penny!
on April 7, 2013
I've been a fan since Rita Coolege days and have the 78s, 8 tracks, cassettes as proof. Kris continues to string words together that delight the mind and spirit. He always makes me look at the world a little more closely. I hope he continues to ..."keep on talking hoping someones gonna hear...". Thanks Kris
on March 2, 2013
Wow!! I am not sure if it is because I am a lifelong Kris Kristofferson fan or just because he is that good!! I love this album!!First time through I cried, I laughed, I nodded in agreement. I figure he is still a great entertainer to achieve that range of emotional responses. His writing is just getting better with age. His voice?.. I enjoy listening to him but a great singer he has never been and that doesn't bother me. (that aspect is probably part of of my lifelong listening.) If you are a Kristofferson fan you MUST buy this. If you are not a fan yet, why not?? you ought to be!! lol Loved it. Will listen to it many many times!!
on June 12, 2017