Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

• Feels
  • Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 70 reviews
on June 8, 2011
"Feels" is, in my opinion, Animal Collective's best. Listeners will embark on a trippy musical voyage with this one. Some of the tracks seem a bit slow at first, but they improve with subsequent listens. Overall, this records has a bouncy tone that reminds me of childhood mixed with psychedelic drugs. Track picks : "Grass," "Have You Seen the Words?," "Turn Into Something"

I would recommend that fans of this album (or any other AC album) buy this double LP. The packaging and vinyl are sturdy. Albums like this sound fantastic on the turntable; you will pick up on little textures you may have not noticed with a CD or digital copy.

However, I will warn those who may be interested in buying this album (or any other pressed by this label, considering that the same problem could come with other LPs as well) that I received a flawed copy of the album. The music itself was great, but the vinyl disc was not properly cut in the factory, so it had a lot of excess vinyl on one end. It wouldn't spin in my record player at all. I decided to cut the excess of with an Xacto knife (my dad, a graphic artist, helped). If you have this same problem, don't fret because it's fixable, just be very, very careful :)
on November 3, 2016
Animal collective rarely dissapoints, and this is no exception. A lovely addition to my collection
on February 25, 2016
This is one of my favorite AnCo albums along with Sung Tongs, Strawberry Jam, MPP and Fall Be Kind. I love this whole album. Definitely a must buy if you are a fan. The vinyl sounds great.
on February 8, 2015
A great album from back when Animal Collective were still filled with irreverent experimentation. If you're a fan of Animal Collectives library as opposed to just being a Merriwether Post Pavillion fan this is one of their bests.
on April 2, 2014
It's not their best album, in terms of consistent melodic content and catchy dynamics, but "Purple Bottle" is extraordinary and none of it is bad.
on May 3, 2014
Gorgeous soundscapes, fantastic lyrics, perfect hooks and melodies, this is a true Animal Collective album. While they have since had many creative outputs, this one will have a place in my heart as my personal favorite.
on June 2, 2016
Great album. Perfect as a vinyl to have in the background.
on May 21, 2015
Talk to any AC fan, and this album will get mentioned. Some would call it the best.
on March 24, 2013
I found AC, like many, after they hit their stride with Strawberry Jam. While this album is much less accessible than the massive and shimmering Merriweather Post Pavillion, which is on my top ten albums ever list, Feels still has a grace and flow to it that's difficult to find. It's rough around the edges, and their sound isn't yet mature, but the heartwarming Purple Bottle is an easy recommendation, and thestately Banshee Beat gets into my coveted handful of songs that - I'm not afraid to say - have made me teary.
I don't give it five stars because there are a few moments that grind the album to a halt, specifically Flesh Canoe after the joyous Grass/Words combo, as well as Bees, a kind of free-time jam that I have to struggle to find a direction in, and Daffy Duck, a song that, after repeated listens, I still don't remember it.
In short, this album shares a spot in my heart with Sung Tongs. This album is great for AC fans looking for more of what makes them great, with a little rougher production, a little immature sound, and a little less consistency in songcraft. Those new to the band ought to listen to Merriweather Post Pavillion first, which is cleaner, and more accessible.
on December 27, 2009
Animal Collective is an amazing group and this album highlights their transition from acoustic/percussion to electro-percussion. Lots of percussion beats with and introduction to electronic sounds. A mix between pop and more melodic tracks.