4-Year Camera & Camcorder Accidental Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for drops, spills and product malfunctions
- No deductibles or hidden fees
- Free ground shipping on all repairs
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Feisol Tournament CT-3442 Rapid 4-Section Carbon Tripod - Supports 55 lbs
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Carbon Fiber Tripod
- Professional grade material
- Lightweight design
- 3 years warranty
- First class US customer service
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Compare with similar items
Feisol Tournament CT-3342 3-Section Rapid Carbon Tripod
Gitzo GT0532 Mountaineer Tripod Ser.0 3S (Black)
Manfrotto MT190GOC4TBUS 190 GO! 4 Section Carbon Fiber Tripod (Black)
Sirui T2205X TX Series Tripod Legs 5 Section 49in Height Carbon - Sirui T-2205X
SLIK Pro 634 CF 4-Section Carbon Fiber Tripod, Black (611-616)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Adorama Camera||Adorama Camera||Amazon.com||Calumet||VIDEO CAMERA CENTER||Event Cameras|
|Item Dimensions||5.51 x 5.51 x 20.67 in||23.23 x 7.09 x 7.09 in||4.2 x 4.2 x 24.4 in||17.7 x 5 x 5 in||1 x 1 x 1 in||18.4 x 5.5 x 4.1 in|
|Item Weight||2.51 lbs||0.04 ounces||2.4 lbs||3.68 lbs||2.65 lbs||2.2 lbs|
Meet the Ultimate High Performance Tripod
In the world of tripods, the FEISOL Tournament Class stands alone. In every measure of engineering design and construction, no other class of tripod can match the superior quality and performance our Tournament Class offers.
The FEISOL CT-3442 Rapid is truly an engineering achievement, combining the finest qualities the industry has to offer. It features a body frame construction of 7075 aluminum alloy, an exceptionally high-strength material normally only used in the aerospace industry. In addition, the legs of the CT-3442 are made of specialized carbon fiber material that offers a far superior strength when compared to common carbon fiber. This allows the CT-3442 to combine two essential qualities for the serious photographer: maximum strength with minimum weight.
Features of the FEISOL CT-3442 Tournament Class tripod include:
- FEISOL's new Rapid anti-leg-rotation technology
- Reverse-folding legs which flip up 180 degrees over the ballhead for maximum compactness
- Base diameter of 3.1 inches (80 mm)
- Unmatched strength and durability in an incredibly lightweight design - just 1.05 kg (2.31 pounds)!
- Precision engineered high-alloy parts that respond to the finest adjustments.
- Preset leg angles at 25, 50, and 75 degrees
- The largest cross-section leg tube diameters possible (28 mm /1.1 inch), for an incredibly strong and secure tripod performance.
- An attractive tripod bag is included
Optional Center Column Upgrade Kit
Our optional center column upgrade kit is of lightweight carbon-fibre construction, adding little more than one pound of additional weight.
The new attachment design is exceptionally strong, securing to the tripod body with three stainless steel screws. The center column remains completely immobile even at its maximum height, for total security and precision during operation.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I also purchased the adjustable center column, which I felt is a reasonable price. I use it for extra height and fast height adjust-ability when I shoot real estate and interiors. I generally don't use the center column when shooting landscapes.
Only two negative things I have found:
1) scratches. I don't really care, but the legs show scratches really easily. One trip to the sand on in Washington state and they were completely scratched up after getting some sand on the tripod and collapsing the legs. The scratches seem only cosmetic, but my buddy who has a RRS doesn't have any scratches. Otherwise, saltwater and sand do no bother this tripod.
2) vibration in extreme conditions. In very high winds (25+ mph) I have had high frequency vibrations induced by the legs themselves when using the long spikes on hard surfaces. I was unable to make a shot in these conditions without shielding the tripod from the wind. I believe that with the rubber boots on the feet I may have had better luck damping the vibrations but I'm not convinced there would be no vibrations.
I experienced similar vibrations in a fast moving stream in waist deep water. In this case I had to take special care to re-position the tripod and brace it between some rocks to prevent the vibration. My buddy with the RRS has thicker legs and did not have a problem. I would never buy the RRS since I like the fact mine are more compact and even lighter for the height these offer.
I don't want to take anything away from the quality of the tripod, but this is the price you pay for a very lightweight 4 section tripod. The lower legs are comparatively thin and are prone to what I believe is vortex shedding induced vibration. Granted this is in what I consider very extreme conditions, so please consider that and the fact I still gave them a 5 star rating.
I found it very interesting that the packaging that Feisol uses is really really good, very surprised by that.
I am going to try to add some photos using this product.
And you should not fail to recognize the value of shorter legs and lighter weight. Shorter dimensions from folding the legs over changes the center of gravity which makes the thing more manageable. I can strap it to a pack and hike or walk and the weight doesn't fling around. I don't even notice it is there. A conventional tripod or ordinary length whips back and forth as you walk. The physics is against you. I have been banged in the arm, shoulder and head. This one straps on and is easily kept still because it is shorter and lighter with the weight closer to the middle when you flip the legs. I literally forget it is there even when it is strapped to one side of a pack and not in the middle.
Smaller and lighter sound good, but they are actually much better than you think.
Best tripod I have ever used, and I have used just about every tripod currently in production from any manufacturer. I run a popular photography blog (Improve Photography dot com), so I try A LOT of tripods.
I like that this tripod is the perfect height (even a tiny bit taller than me with the ballhead and camera attached), and I'm 5'10". It gets really low to the ground because there is no annoying center column. Holds strong. EXTREMELY light weight. It's perfection.
I use this as my primary tripod. I've used Gitzos and prefer this. I've used Induros and prefer this. I've used Manfrottos and prefer this. Seriously, waste no more time. The only place you'll see this tripod is in tripod heaven.
These legs are a great match for the Acratech GP-SS ballhead.