Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 18, 2013
When it is in a socket that faces out or down, it is great. when in one that faces up it is not, unless you want it for a torchiere, where it would be great.
on July 7, 2011
Erroneous Amazon title.
The product is 6.5W (which in the product description is correctly described as a 40W equivalent replacement).
The bulb is OK. It's a bit dim but then again, a 40W incandescent light is a bit dim.
Not a great price nor an outrageous one.

Given the choice, I would go with the Pharox 300 ($30) or the EarthLED ZetaLux 2 ($20).
But it's good enough that I will keep it and it will work just fine.
on May 1, 2011
Purchased one of these bulbs at a local big-name hardware store as well. Placed it in a standard upright table lamp that I'd previously had a flourescent in. I only received about ten hours of light over 7-10 days before the bulb began to flicker and finally failed. It was turned on and left on in a plain lamp for a couple hours at a time and then turned off again: no dimmer, no fancy light fixtures, no touch lamp. I haven't been able to identify any reason for it to fail so quickly. I put the flourescent bulb back in the lamp.

While the LED bulb DID work, it was excellent - did not hurt my eyes, no glare on the computer screen nearby, very soft but vivid white glow. Also important to me: bulb remains very, very cool while in use and exudes extremely little warmth.

Also, on a customer service note -- worth considering with your purchase, I think:
Instead of just returning it to the store, since it failed a week in, I decided to follow the contact info on the package and contact the manufacturer instead.
Got in touch with Feit a few days after I sent them an email, got asked a few questions about how long I used the bulb before it failed, and was told I'd be sent a replacement - no replacement arrived, and about ten days later I received a few more messages instructing me that actually before I could get a replacement I'd have to have the bulb I already had shipped to them and "tested." Asked if they could provide a mailing label for me to ship their faulty bulb back (rather than paying half the cost of the item to ship it back to them), and still haven't receieved a responce.

Willing to accept this may be a fluke or simple mistake but it was a little disappointing! Will be updating my review accordingly if/when I receive a replacement, but in the meantime between the strange turnaround of my replacement request and how quickly the bulb failed I would not yet recommend this product to anyone -- at least not until it's been out on the market a little longer.
44 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 1, 2010
I own a lot of led lights and this is the first true incandescent replacement I have seen. I've been wanting to switch over to LED lighting for some time because of the mercury seen in CFL (compact fluorescent light) bulbs, and because CFL's never last as long as they say they're going to last. LED bulbs last a LONG time and are very energy efficient. The price should come down as these bulbs become more mainstream but until now, LED bulbs weren't really good enough to replace your current incandescent of CFL. These particular bulbs are definitely good enough to replace your standard incandescent bulb. Sylvania makes one that looks very similar but the price at the local store was $10 higher than this bulb.
on September 9, 2010
Just bought this A19 bulb from a local "big box" retailer for $18. I have it installed in my desk lamp. The color is good (3000 degrees kelvin). It's not quite as "yellow" or warm as an incandescent bulb but it's close. Manufacturer claims that power consumption is 6.5 watts, 340 lumens, 30000 hours of life, 84% more efficient relative to a standard incandescent bulb. It's warm to the touch but not hot. Not intended for use with dimmers. I'm not one to notice, but I understand that these lights don't "strobe" like CFL bulbs do. Efficiency is 25-40% better than CFL, but the cost is 10x higher. If cost come down a bit more, I'd probably buy this again.
66 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 17, 2011
This bulb is the best bang for your buck when it comes to LED bulbs. This is by far the cheapest 40 watt replacement bulb, and it only draws 6.5 watts, the next best thing is Sylvania's A19 replacement, but it costs $5 to $10 more, and it draws 8 watts. This bulb looks like an incandescent bulb--you can't even notice it when it's screwed into a socket, and the light is much whiter than an incandescent, but not harsh like a fluorescent. As a result, the perceived light output is similar to that of a 60 watt incandescent. Also, the LED bulbs do not flicker like CFLs. I have replaced every A19 bulb in my home with these and do not miss the incandescents at all! I would recommend these bulbs to everyone, as long as you're not looking for a bulb with dimming capability, as these cannot dim.

DO NOT BUY THIS BULB FROM AMAZON--YOU CAN BUY THESE FROM LOWES FOR ONLY $18!
on May 5, 2012
I got three of these at a warehouse store (which carried them only briefly) for ten dollars each. They went in a dimmer-equipped hanging fixture above the kitchen table, replacing 100 W incandescents. They dim nicely and the light quality is fine, to my eye. They provide as much useful light as the incandescents did, even though the lumen rating is less than half as much, because all their light is directed down onto the table where it is needed. That fact should be kept in mind when considering these bulbs, as they wouldn't work nearly as well in something like a lamp where light is needed in all directions. At $10, with 11¢/kwh electricity, replacing 100W bulbs, I calculated the payback to be about one year. With the price here currently at $22 that would make the payback about 2.2 years.
on November 20, 2010
Bought this at big box retailer for about 20$ and it produces more light than a incandescent bulb and a compact florescent. Definately a white-ish light but not really bright enough to blind anyone when you step outside and provides good enough light to be able to see the keyhole to the house, If you are considering indoor light or outfoor light that is covered so it doesn't get wet then this light is for you! Also Feit is probably one of the good companies to buy LED from right now, Phillips is also but if choice, go for Feit
on June 17, 2013
The bulb failed after 11 days of moderate use. Feit clearly have quality control issues.

This was one of the cheaper bulbs I've found, and at least in this case, it looks like you get what you pay for.

I've had better luck with LED bulbs from Philips, Sylvania and GE, but all were typically $4 or more expensive.

BTW - I purchased the bulb at Costco - no problems getting a refund.
on May 22, 2012
Placed two in enclosed fixtures on my front porch. They have been on and working non stop for 6 months now. Electric bill went up just over $1 per month. They put out enough light that both front porch security cameras stay in color mode at night. Well worth the money! I was able to turn off the street light ($10 per month) so these bulbs paid for them selves in 4 months. Far fewer bug's flying around because there is no heat. They fly in, circle around a few times and leave.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.