Oil month Automotive HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on July 14, 2012
We just remodeled the office and I wanted to upgrade to LED wherever I could. I tested 1 of these in a recessed can in a soffet over the work area. My staff gave it a thumbs up so I ordered several more and replaced the CFL's that were installed by the contractor. My staff raved about the new lights and they preferred the brightness to the CFLs. I felt that the lights have a slightly more greenish cast than the CFL's and I might not want to use them for merchandise display lighting but for bright light over a workdesk these are great.
on September 19, 2015
Not much of a value. After 5 years (September 2010 to current) two out of six bulbs are dead. The rest of the bulbs have suffered from subtle, but noticeable shifts in brightness and color. For the price, it's hard to justify these.
on February 11, 2017
A great light and low cost of operation. This light bulb replaced another light bulb just like it which burned approx. 8 hours a day for 17 years.
on July 8, 2010
This bulb is a good PAR30 bulb replacement but is not nearly as wide angle with a soft shadow light as any incandescent or CFL PAR30 flood bulb you may be used to. It casts a pretty harsh shadow and you do not want to be caught looking into this bulb, it is extremely bright and will hurt your eyes. If it had a diffuser dome on the front it would be perfect.

Use it in applications where the light will not be at eye level or where you need more focused light than a typical flood. It should be ideal in a track lighting fixture.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on February 26, 2013
I don't know if Sylvana and Feit are the same company, but the bulb I was sent was definitely a Sylvana Bulb. The light cone of this LED is very narrow, so use it only in a space where you want a spotlight rather than a flood light. There is a also a second delay from the time you turn the bulb on to when it lights up. This isn't a big problem for me, but I wished I had known about it in advance. I thought LED technology had advanced enough that there was no longer a delay when switching a light on but evidently this is not the case...at least not with this model.
on January 3, 2011
I chose this lamp to replace some of the most used lamps in the house in an effort to save energy. It operates at full brightness when turned on unlike some of the flourescents i have tried. They are a bit pricey so these lamps need to last many years to pay off. I hope so.
on July 17, 2016
Lasted 30 days....That's it.
on June 14, 2011
My wife and I just purchased a large number of the Feit PAR38 bulbs and one PAR30 bulb from our local COSTCO store. These replace current incandescent bulbs in our track lighting and we were very pleased with the result. The bulbs have a reasonably "warm" color temperature that looks good in a residential application and they work well with our existing dimmer switches. The bulbs are a very good value at COSTCO ($39.99 and $36.99) respectively except that all of the COSTCO stores in our area are out of the PAR30 size. Sadly, even Amazon can't come close to the COSTCO in store price and costco.com doesn't appear to sell them. We have tried compact fluorescent replacement reflectors but they have a number of annoying features that the LEDs have significantly solved: slow warm-up time, an audible buzzing noise when used with a dimmer, and pulsating instability when the dimmer is turned down too low (even on the supposedly dimmable CFLs). One note: if you like the red color shift that you can obtain with an incandescent bulb as you lower the temperature with a dimmer, LEDs won't do it for you; for now at least you're stuck with your old energy hog reflectors. The "color temperature" of the LEDs is almost constant with changes in dimmer setting.

The 18 watt Feit PAR38 bulb is rated to replace a 75 watt incandescent reflector bulb but it actually appears brighter than our existing 120W bulbs. This is partly due to the smaller divergence angle of the light from the 7 LED array than is typical for an incandescent ... one minor downside. Assuming power costs of $0.15/kw-hr, each of the PAR30 bulbs should net us a savings of about $353 over the estimated 25,000 hour life of the bulbs, and this estimate includes the approximate $30 extra cost of the bulb compared to a standard incandescent. With a total of 12 similar bulbs in our house (a mix of PAR38 and PAR30 bulbs) we can expect to save over $4,000 just by switching out our track lighting. No bad, and we're lowering our "carbon footprint" at the same time. Now if COSTCO will only get the PAR30 bulbs back in stock!
11 comment| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 7, 2011
I've been dying to test one of these, but I refuse to pay 12x the price of a normal $6 halogen bulb. I was very exicited when we picked up one of these at Costco a week ago at half that price, and I could not be happier.

We have a great room / kitchen a lot of these spot lights. The ceiling is between 9' and 12' high and there is a single spot at the highest point which is on an independent switch (I think it was intendended to be used as a nightlight) and this is the one I put the new LED bulb into. The bulbs have a 38 degree spread and I think the height of my ceiling probably has something to do with how well it lights up the room, I'm not sure how "spotty" they would be in a typical hallway or room with an 8' ceiling.

I will forewarn anyone attempting to do this, that these bulbs are very heavy (ceramic core / aluminum cooling / glass diffuser) and the diffuser lens is made of glass with little bumps on it (like privacy glass). The suction cup lightbulb changer did not work. I had to climb up and change it by hand.

The light is extremely white and powerful, moreso than the other halogens around it, despite being only 650 lumens instead of the 700 with my typical halogens. It appears they got the color frequency right and it has none of the wash-out blue tones that you get with normal coil bulbs. I'm more sensitive to this than most people, but it was a big deal to me to have light where I could actually see! The "harsh shadows" that people talk about is absolutely true. The light is so strong, that even imperfections in the edges of our counters immediately drew the attention of my wife.

They say "instant on", which is about 95% true. When I switch all the banks (Halogen and LED) on at the same time, there is about a 1/4 second difference between when the Halogens come on and the LED. Very minor, but I thought I'd mention it.

These things are supposed to last 8x time longer than a halogen so we'll have to see if they live up to that.

If the price comes down even just a little more they'd be such a bargain, it be a no-brainer for everyone. I'm sure we'll be replacing all of our spots with them sooner rather than later.

Update:

About 6 months ago I bought about 20 of these and installed them everywhere! I've been very happy them. I cannot believe how much brighter they are than the 65 watt halogen bulbs.
on February 19, 2012
These are not your typical flood bulb. They're more of a spotlight type bulb with a very defined cone of illumination. Personally I love them, but some people may not appreciate the how well defined their lighting area is if you're trying to flood a room with light.

I've had mine since May of 2011 and have had zero issues to date. Instant on at full brightness. None of that Dim CFL "Am I going blind?" feeling that you get from wandering into the kitchen, flipping the light on, and seeing how jaundiced and dim the world looks.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.