Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 9, 2014
This item is pretty much what I was looking for, except for several things. It's waaaay too expensive for what you get. A few pieces of unfinished wood, and some kind of "bendable material" (it's not metal, I have no idea what it is) bolted to the bottom platform that serves as the roof. It appears to be fairly durable, and the description is accurate as far as rain sliding off. It could have been longer, but still protects the food from getting wet, so hopefully will work. I may use this as a kind of prototype for having someone build another one which would be big enough for food, water, and the outdoor cat(s) to be able to get completely inside to eat and stay dry.
on December 26, 2012
I love this feral cat feeding station. The poor things need a food source, especially in winter, and this is a safe place for them to eat and not feel trapped. It is very sturdy and weatherproof, and I really appreciate the fact that someone took the time to make such a great thing. I also have the shelter and I love that too. I can only say- please feed the poor cats that have to live outside in the elements.
11 comment| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 25, 2013
An outstanding experience (best to date).I emailed the owner (Scott) about my pending order and issues we had caring for a feral colony. His heart for cats and all animals was clear. He came up with solutions which he added and provided at his cost. While I cannot comprehend those who claim a negative experience, I will not speculate on the cause or their motive. If one has an issue or suggestion, Scott will listen. He wants his customers (and the animals) to be happy.
11 comment| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 3, 2017
If you attach the plastic one way it dosen't hold by itself. If you attach it the other way as per the seller, the entrance becomes so small that only a very small kitten can go in but not a regular size cat. I tried to talk to the seller about it but he did not answer my call.
on July 9, 2017
We have a fix, notch and release program in Galveston so we have lots of hungry feral kitties show up.... We tried a box to protect food and water from the elements, but it of course, did not hold up... I really did not want to build something and this looked Perfect. Very pleased!!! 110% satisfied!!!
review image
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 9, 2014
This is nothing like what is advertised. Its junk! The feet on mine were not logs. They were 1x2in pieces of pine. The green piece that covers the food appears to have some thickness in the picture. In the description, it says it can hold snow. Well, its nothing but flimsy plastic that is no thicker than an envelope. It flops around and blows all over in the slightest wind, and is so noisy that my feral cats were afraid to get near it. In a good rain, it flattens. I don't see how it would hold snow. I ended up having to take the top off and just feed the cats on the wood. Its basically a pltform to keep the bowls off the ground. I'm just happy I trained them to come up to my house and eat under our deck now. I recommend you just buy a small igloo or similar and place the food at the entrance. I do that and it works great when the weather is bad. As for the top, I've been using the plastic for various projects around the house. I easily cut it like paper with scissors. At this price, I dont want to just throw it out. I saw a covered station with heated bowls for less on amazon while searching for 'cat house heated outdoor'. It almost looked like a birdhouse and had bowls and everything. This thing is way over priced. It has maybe $3 in materials and could be made in bulk in a matter of minutes.
on October 10, 2014
Very flimsy top and wood base. This looks good but isn't very functional. It sheds rain OK but snow would collapse it. Very overpriced!
on June 10, 2016
The picture is very deceiving. It looks like the top is metal but it's not, it's plastic. I could have easily made this but needed it urgently. They do not even provide the nails to nail the plastic into the bottom sides. I would not buy again. It is a rip off. They are making at least $60 profit from this product.
on December 9, 2014
The basic design/idea is good. However, it will either protect the feed bowls or a cat, but not both. Our feral is about average size, but she kept knocking the water bowl out the end every time she got into the feeding station. For her, it needs to be longer in length. Also, the top is lightweight and wobbly, I shored it up using plastic canvas.

Overall, it's a bit small and flimsy to keep both the cat and food out of the weather. I probably could have made something similar in design out of materials from the lumber yard for a lot less in price.

In hindsight, It's not something I would buy again or recommend to others. I was hoping for something better than the worn-out apple box I had been using.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 4, 2013
Just received my feeding station this morning. Love the materials. Decided to apply a coat of water seal to the wood portions to extend the life of the station. I may also add some small plastic screw-in feet on the bottom to further reduce contact of wood with moisture. There were no instructions with the station, but I figured out that the extra pieces of green plastic are to be rolled up and inserted into the ends of the station, where they expand to fit snugly and provide extra protection against rain, etc. I was thinking that, during construction, the plastic of the main structure might be cut with the entrance edges bowed out, which would provide the "overhangs" in one continuous piece instead of the separate pieces. Just a thought. Bottom line, this is a great design and I expect my cats to love it. Looks nice enough to place on my porch, which is where I feed four feral cats (all of which I have had neutered). NEXT DAY FOLLOWUP: After waiting 12 hours for the water seal to dry, I attempted to install the extra pieces of plastic at the ends by rolling them and inserting them into the ends. Both pieces of plastic creased sharply so that neither piece can be used now, as once it's creased, it will no longer hold a curved shape. The material creases just like corrugated cardboard, so when you roll it up, use extreme caution. I was very disappointed to have this happen.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.