Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 235 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 307 reviews
on June 20, 2014
I bought a laser sensor to check how well the cleanliness of the air is before and after this unit. Before the unit was in my sons 100 sq ft room, the chemical type allergens > .3 but < 5 microns was ~450. His pollen levels > 5 microns was 40. After the unit ran in his room for the morning, the small micron count was ~25, and pollen count was 0.

What else could you say, it works.

btw: I bought the dylos sensor if anyone else is interested. It helped me debug a lot of things that a hepa filter can't take care of. The combination of knowing what's absorbing and releasing the pollen with a unit that works has helped my son out amazingly.
22 comments| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2017
We bought this because someone in the house was recently diagnosed with asthma after having whopping cough (adult not child) and there is also someone in the house that smokes and is only allowed to smoke outside. But when they came into house on the way to bathroom to wash up and brush teeth the little smoke would set off asthma attack. This works great. 90% of the time I do not even smell the smoke. Also is a great size. Not very big.
on November 11, 2016
We love this product in our home. Have had a dust and allergy problem for a long time. We immediately noticed a huge difference as soon as we plugged this purifier in. Works Great. If you spray an air freshener or shake out a blanket the indicator instantly lets you know there is something in the air. We noticed a difference in the quality of air, very little dust and dander from our big yellow lab. We even bought a second one of thse for our bedroom. also works great. this product is highly recommended

[...]
on March 7, 2017
**Do some research about high pitched noise before you buy.**
I purchased Aermax200 in 2015, and after a little over one year it went broken (the unit would not power up).
Since it is still within 3yr warranty, customer service offered a replacement machine. However, this is where the issue begins.

The replacement machine has a high frequency noise that is audible to me. It is not loud, but constant and due to its high frequency the sound is not bearable. My old unit (the broken one) did not have the noise issue. I started searching online and found that other customers had reported the same issue, on Aeramax200 and some posts on AP300-PH (another air purifier from Fellowes). One post mentioned that the noise is not audible to all his family members.
I contacted Fellowes customer service again and was requested to send the unit back to Fellowes for testing. The response I got from Fellowes later was that they did some tests but did not hear the noise. I was then given back the same machine with the noise. It is very frustrating since it took more than a month sending the machine back and forth, and after one month I still don't have an air purifier I can use in the bedroom.
on February 18, 2016
I have allergies and asthma, and I was hoping that this would help mitigate the pollution from my chain-smoking neighbor, but it doesn't seem particularly effective. I have it set to Auto and Air+ and it never rises above level 2 (of 4 levels) even when the cigarette smoke is present. While my nose is less congested (I assume from fewer allergens), I still cough and wheeze from the smoke. Manually setting it at level 4 works better, but it means getting up and down every time someone lights up, or putting up with constant noise.
on August 14, 2017
This works as it says. I was skeptical of the auto mode but it indeed picks up when it's needed. I laughed at the other reviewer's comment about a dog wif setting it off and even more so when it happened with my dog! It's a little powerhouse! I have it running all the time in my bedroom. The only thing is the lit buttons do keep me awake at times, especially when it changes settings on its own. I need to put it more out of line of sight in my room. Perhaps there is a setting adjustment? I'll have to look for one. Overall very happy!
on January 28, 2017
I pondered and read reviews for a long while before deciding on this air purifier to use in the room where I work on my pastels. It's affordable and efficient, and it really works! Highly recommended.
on September 11, 2016
Oops I rate the refill above instead of the actual air purifier. I feel much better physically since I got this -it helps reduce my allergies and rashes. Love the lights as they reflect it working.
on January 31, 2015
My allergist recommended an hepa filter and I chose this one since it is approved by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation. It is a great product. It is quiet most of the time, but if it is on auto and it "senses" something like perfume or Static Guard, it ramps up the fan which is loud. I think it helps. The blue LEDs are kind of bright but it doesn't bother me.
on October 16, 2015
No more things flying around in the sunshine! Although we change our filters in our HVAC system quarterly and vacuum/dust weekly whenever the sun rays came through the window you could see little specks in the air. We put this purifier in our family room, 3 hours later the light went from red to blue and the next day when the sun came through no little specks flying around. I haven't had the product long enough to know how often I will have to clean/replace the filters but so far this is far superior to the other two purifiers we have. It is quieter and have yet to hear it zapping like our other two. The lights are bright but we don't sleep in this room so it's not a problem for us. When there is a lot of activity in the room (ie the family comes home from being outside the lights will change to amber, the fan speed will increase so it seems to know when it needs to kick into overdrive. Received the package promptly with no damage. I will purchase more if I see them on special again!!