Fellowes FS5 Strip Cut Shredder (30510)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Strip-cut shredder for home-office or small-office users
- 5-sheet capacity
- Protects you from fraud or identity theft by destroying personal-data documents
- Fits easily in most wastebaskets
- Wastebasket not included
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare to similar items
This item Fellowes FS5 Strip Cut Shredder (30510)
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||BARGAINS INC.||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Color||—||6-Sheets No Basket||Black||Black||Black||black|
|Item Dimensions||—||5 x 13 x 2.6 in||7.7 x 12.1 x 15 in||12.5 x 4.38 x 2.25 in||7 x 14.4 x 4.3 in||12.48 x 8.9 x 15.67 in|
|Item Weight||—||3.8 lbs||8.25 lbs||2.6 lbs||3.85 lbs||12.79 lbs|
FS5 Personal Strip-Cut Shredder without Basket
The FS5 shredder from Fellowes can handle up to five sheets of standard bond paper and has a wide 9-inch entry. The small, compact, and affordable design makes it possible for any home or office to have a shredder always at the ready.
The FS5 has two shredding modes: reverse or automatic on/off. When the shredder is in the auto position, shredding is activated as the paper touches a sensor on the blades; the machine automatically stops when shredding is complete. Reverse mode helps clear paper jams from the blade mechanism.
The FS5 shredder fits most standard wastebaskets and features an adjustable-width side control. The blade mechanism can be comfortably lifted and set aside for cleaning or paper removal. The FS5 also has an overload protection feature that will automatically shut down the shredder when it overheats.
The FS5 shredder features strip-cut operation for security and waste reduction. To avoid jamming the cutting mechanism, empty the waste bin frequently. Note that the stamped steel blades of the cutting mechanism are not made to handle staples and paper clips. Removing staples and paper clips, using the reverse feature, and periodically oiling the steel blades will keep the FS5 in prime condition. -- Megan Dugan
Top customer reviews
This shredder was awful. I recently bought it. I figured "how complicated can a shredder be? You put paper in it and it get shredded."
I was wrong... This machine turns paper shredding into an excercise in self restraint. I had to restrain myself from throwing it out in the yard. Talk about frustration... The box indicated five sheets of paper... What are they talking about, tracing paper, tissue paper...
It jammed on the first sheet. After several minutes getting it unjammed, I tried again. I figured I put the paper in wrong. Stupid me... Put the paper in wrong? How many ways are there to put paper in? What was I thinking? What a piece of junk.
I kept it for several days. After this excersise, I decided it was more beneficail for me to have a bonfire in the front yard to incenerate my documents. Lucky for me, I was able to take it back and get my money back (a store credit).
I should have looked at Amazon for reviews first. Who would have thought that a paper shredder could actually not work?
In addressing the negative reviews:
1. Capacity - This is a FIVE page shredder. Any more than that and you'll have problems. I have shredded FIVE SHEETS of every type of paper (not cardstock) you can imagine, and I've had no problems.
2. Security - This is described clearly as not being a cross-shredder, so YES, you will be able to read this in quarter inch strips. One usage trick is to put the sheets in on a bit of a diagonal.
3. Stuck Paper - Once I did accidentally feed about ten or so sheets in to it. It stopped working and the paper was stuck. There was no way to get it out. I unplugged the unit, removed the six screws from the bottom, and easily disassembled/reassembled the guts of the unit. You do not have to be an electromechanical technician to fix this. I've had no problems at all since then. DISCLAIMER: IF YOU ATTEMPT A REPAIR, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK!
4. Reliability - I have used this unit weekly for over three years now, and it's still going strong. The blades are still sharp, and the motor is still in good condition.
For sure, there may be some "lemons" out there, but for me, this little puppy has been happily munching paper for me. I'd recommend, but be sure you understand the limitations.